Sign in to follow this  

Opinions wanted

I just bought a 1984 Honda XL600R. The bike is bone stock and all original except for the seat cover. It is a replacement that is heading south itself. I have two options: find an original seat cover or cover the seat with a beautifully tanned buckskin from a deer I shot several years ago. What do you all think?

I think I would look fot the right seat cover or have one made at a local auto interior shop, the buckskin seat cover sounds cool but this bike deserves to be original , IMO:excuseme:

Anyone know where a seat cover can be found? I prefer aftermarket/repro to original.

I cover my own, and I like waterproof. Leather is nice, but it can get real wet. I see them on EBAY all the time. Just type in the year and model with parts after it, and you should find a link. They are easy to come by.

Janosh

leather on a dirt bike sounds like a recipe for "my garage smells like two week old road kill, how do I get rid of the funk?".

Go to eBay or you local auto uphostery shop. Price will probably be similar once you figure in shipping on a "brick style" seat. It's the ones with piping and two-tier that get expensive.