Sign in to follow this  

Raise forks with PC link?

Hi,

I just installed the pro-circuit linkage and plan to try it out this weekend. I was browsing the KX450 forum and read that you have to raise the forks in the clamps to lower the front end in order to match the lowering of the rear by the link.

Is this the case with the KX250F as well? It seems it would be but I hadn't seen any mention of it in this forum so I was wondering if there's a concensus.

I read that the PC link drops the rear about 10mm. But that seems like a lot to raise the forks.

Thanks, Mark

• Like 1

Hi,

There does not need to be a 1:1 ratio of fork lowering with rear lowering because changes to rake/trail affect geometry at a different rate than changes to the rear. So, no, the front does not require 10mm change.

10mm is, what... 6mm is approx 1/4 inch. After you reset rear sag, I'd raise the forks about 5mm and adjust based on feel, terrain and rider preference. The PC link will probably put increased leverage on the back so you may have to go clockwise on the shock's high speed compress...but PC would know better about tuning than anyone for the KX250F.

Don't forget to properly torque the clamp bolts. 17ft lb top, 14 ft lb bottom.

Hi,

I just installed the pro-circuit linkage and plan to try it out this weekend. I was browsing the KX450 forum and read that you have to raise the forks in the clamps to lower the front end in order to match the lowering of the rear by the link.

Is this the case with the KX250F as well? It seems it would be but I hadn't seen any mention of it in this forum so I was wondering if there's a concensus.

I read that the PC link drops the rear about 10mm. But that seems like a lot to raise the forks.

Thanks, Mark

exactly, the front end lowering is all based on rider feel, adjust accordingly, but the lowering link was designed to drop the rear, so I would switch the link, reset sag, and ride it first, then play with the forks, I'm just very causious because I almost killed myself from adjusting my forks up in the clamps, and it just happen to be a really rough gp style track, and the headshake almost ended my racing career at about 5 gear pinned........just adjust and test it very carefully, because I found out that for the riding I do the adjustment in the forks was not to my benefit.

Thanks for the good advice! I'll ride the bike first and see how it feels with the new linkage.