Sign in to follow this  

Xr400 Fit

I was told recently that an XR400 has kind of a short cockpit and for larger guys above 6ft that they can be a little cramped. Any truth to this? I ride mountain bikes a lot as well as my YZ426 and I know that fit in a bicycle makes or breaks the ride.

im 6ft and find it just fine so long as you have taller bars or risers

6'1" here. Sitting down I found the stock handlebars and seating to be fine. I went with a handlebar riser (about 1" I believe) to make standing more comfortable.

I'm a tall M'effer at 6'5", and I just added bar risers and hi rise bars. I'm fine! Its the relationship between the bars and seating position that makes the diff. Plus, the bar work makes it comforatble when you are standing. Yeah, the 400R is TINY compared to my 650R, but I don't like riding the 650 HALF as much as the 400. Frankly, I don't know how ANYONE can ride a 650R who is shorter than me. That is a tall SOB, and a big FAT girl too!

It helps if you are young and stoopid like my neighbor, but he can ride the heck out of the big SOB!

I'm 6'1 235lbs and love my 400, I went from a 650 and the loss of open stretch speed was more than made up in the tight stuff, I can fly through the technical parts. I use the Renthals cr-hi bend, full skid plate, stock suspension with rear sag set at 2.5 front stock except for rebound set at 5 click and 0w fork oil, lots of people told me that stock suspension is junk ,but I seem to like my set up.

I'm 6'3" and run a SDG tall seat and Renthall Jimmy Button bend bars and am quite comfortable with the way my bike feels. Since I hooked up with WR TOM I've done some rides well over 100 miles and have no issues. The XR4 is such a easy to ride and forgiving bike that it's size is a non issue IMNSHO. Having it sprung for your weight is the key to making these bikes work to their potential. Don't be concerned about what you hear.