Sign in to follow this  

ANSWER: To the guy who asked where old dirt bikes go...

This is actually kinda funny...watch till the last ride at the end, and you find your answer, grasshoppa!

I hope 50 years down the road my bike doesn't end up like that. I'm sure at some point in time that was somebodys baby.

That was LAME. :)

I hate seeing people destroy stuff for no good reason.

It's NOT lame, but still is a good answer to what happens to some of those old bikes out there! No? What, you think this is a fluke by some random guys? NO! When they get beyond the owners need or care, then they get either neglected into a rust-pile or SMASHED like these guys did. They are getting the last bit of value out of THEIR PROPERTY as they deem fit. If it's YOUR bike and YOU decided to to this, then I would watch too, take a vid, and laugh, because it's yours, not mine. I wouldn't do it, but do you want me or anyone else to tell you what to do with what is yours? You can't disagree with that! What? You have sentimental thoughts when you see a car demo derby? Does that old 1973 Chevy Impala getting its fenders ripped off and radiator pop bring a tear to the eye? C'mon! I thought that old Yamaha 60 ft in the air, no rider, against a clear blue sky, was poetic, if not downright funny as hell!

It's NOT lame, but still is a good answer to what happens to some of those old bikes out there! No? What, you think this is a fluke by some random guys? NO! When they get beyond the owners need or care, then they get either neglected into a rust-pile or SMASHED like these guys did. They are getting the last bit of value out of THEIR PROPERTY as they deem fit. If it's YOUR bike and YOU decided to to this, then I would watch too, take a vid, and laugh, because it's yours, not mine. I wouldn't do it, but do you want me or anyone else to tell you what to do with what is yours? You can't disagree with that! What? You have sentimental thoughts when you see a car demo derby? Does that old 1973 Chevy Impala getting its fenders ripped off and radiator pop bring a tear to the eye? C'mon! I thought that old Yamaha 60 ft in the air, no rider, against a clear blue sky, was poetic, if not downright funny as hell!

Lighten up buddy. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm fine with that. I just thought the video was lame. If you had shown a video of an old Chevy Impala getting smashed up, I would have said the same thing. It's lame, ignorant entertainment. Check the average IQ of your fellow fans at the next crash-up-derby you attend. Launching a bike off a hillside doesn't equate to getting the last bit of value out of a piece of property. I'm sure there were usable parts still on that bike that were being destroyed or neglected. That isn't entertainment to me. Maybe to some, but not to me. I'm assuming you are < 25 yo?

For the record, I'm not telling anyone what to do with their property. If you own it, it's yours. But being wasteful and destroying stuff is just silly. Wasteful is wasteful whether you own it yourself or not.