Sign in to follow this  

Baja 1000 Course Speculation

Thanks to the guys over at Baja.net (IVAN and SEVE);

http://www.baja.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24637

We now have something to calm the natives. The Mil is coming and the course rumors are already being checked. Remember that these rumor sources have been mostly accurate for the most part in recent memory.

Thanks again to Seve and Ivan.

Hasta

• Like 1

Thanks to the guys over at Baja.net (IVAN and SEVE);

http://www.baja.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24637

We now have something to calm the natives. The Mil is coming and the course rumors are already being checked. Remember that these rumor sources have been mostly accurate for the most part in recent memory.

Thanks again to Seve and Ivan.

Hasta

I have no idea if this is good or bad but I am excited all the same!

Gary

It's good GBarr, really good. Way more pine trees than they've raced thru in a long time ('06 B.500 had quite a few).

It's good GBarr, really good. Way more pine trees than they've raced thru in a long time ('06 B.500 had quite a few).

Pine tree's!!!! I like trees.I don't think I saw any last trip.

Gary

To respond to the PM's I've been receiving. Luissupperdog nor myself are at this time racing the 1000 with Gdbarr1976. We are both however open to offers from any team's as long as the race bike does not have blue rims, and the make and model of front tire is specified before race day, teams running 15X will get special consideration.

Pine tree's!!!! I like trees.I don't think I saw any last trip.

Gary

I'll 2nd that. I just got back from 2 weeks of ridin' into trees in Colorado.:worthy:

Oop! I mean ridin 'thru them.......And rocks!:):D

Jeez- I hope to get down to baja this year!

Should be interesting...!

I can't wait to do some pre-running, and chase support for a possible solo rider (names withheld to protect the innocent :D)

... btw, Dave... spit out the GPS track already!! :)

That drop down Rumorosa into the desert could provide some spectacular racing for the trucks if any were to be bunched up there. Does not look like a fun place to be run off the road, but would definitely make for a quick trip to the bottom. 👍

All sounds great. I will be going down to start prerunning this weekend 👍

If anyone wants to go, let me know, now if I can just aquire those gps notes from BBM :worthy:

Oh wait...can someone tell me what front tire to use...Danger Dave....insert post here: :busted:

Oh well, map should be out by end of OCtober.

from Baja.net

At the Primm 300 this past weekend, Sal Fish announced the 2008 Baja 1000 would be about 660 miles and follow this route: Ensenada - Ojos Negros - El Condor - La Ponderosa - Rumorosa - Laguna Salada - San Felipe - Azufre wash - Morelia Jct - San Matias - Mike's Sky Rancho - Valle de Trinidad - Llano Colorado - San Vicente - Santo Tomas - Ojos Negros - Ensenada.

from Baja.net

At the Primm 300 this past weekend, Sal Fish announced the 2008 Baja 1000 would be about 660 miles and follow this route: Ensenada - Ojos Negros - El Condor - La Ponderosa - Rumorosa - Laguna Salada - San Felipe - Azufre wash - Morelia Jct - San Matias - Mike's Sky Rancho - Valle de Trinidad - Llano Colorado - San Vicente - Santo Tomas - Ojos Negros - Ensenada.

Excellent. no headlights required.👍

from Baja.net: Ensenada - Ojos Negros - El Condor - La Ponderosa - Rumorosa - Laguna Salada - San Felipe - Azufre wash - Morelia Jct - San Matias - Mike's Sky Rancho - Valle de Trinidad - Llano Colorado - San Vicente - Santo Tomas - Ojos Negros - Ensenada.

I believe is should be: Ensenada - Ojos Negros - El Condor - La Rumorosa- La Ponderosa - Laguna Salada - San Felipe - Azufre wash - Morelia Jct - San Matias Pass- Mike's Sky Rancho - Valle de Trinidad - Llano Colorado - San Vicente - Santo Tomas - Ojos Negros - Ensenada

I believe is should be: Ensenada - Ojos Negros - El Condor - La Rumorosa - La Ponderosa
more like: Ens. - Ojos - Ponderosa - Rumarosa.

I can't see how El Condor would fit into the route.

Stop speculating, that´s the pinche course!!!! (no fancy lighting system required) :excuseme:

Except for a new section near mike´s, nice and smooth!!:excuseme:🤣

Longtime Baja Dudes,🤣

If this is the course what is the first 75-100 miles like? As always thanks for any and all help! You guys have been great this season helping us NEWBIES from Missouri!:excuseme:

Larry Perkins:ride:

fireracer- no one else has chimed in yet,so i will. i've been using the maxxis desert it's on both ends of my bike the last few trips in baja. the are tough,they handle in a predictible manor and they last very well. i'll be putting a set on my husky before i head down in november to pre run for the 1000 this year. we are going to use michelins/mouses on our race bike as they seem better matched with each other.