Sign in to follow this  

(VERY) Quiet TTR-125 aftermarket exhaust

Hello fellow TTR's! I need your help figuring out which aftermarket exhaust is quiet, not much louder than stock. Performance is not my main issue (quiet is), and most (if not all) aftermarket units should be lighter than stock, which is something I am looking for as well.

I have spent mucho time searching these forums, and cannot really figure out what the answer is.

Thanks for the help, and ride safe.

TJ

If you want quiet, stick with stock.

All the aftermarket pipes are loud, and if you try to plug them up to quiet them down they wont perform any better than stock.

I had the itch to put a different pipe on my wife's TTR for a while, then I realized that a) she doesn't use all the power it has now, and 👍 it would just be loud and obnoxious anyway.

• Like 1

So if I'm reading this right, you are looking to save weight by purchasing an aftermarket exhaust. You don't expect much in the way of performance gains, correct? Stock isn't THAT much heavier than my BBR D-section. You can get a little more oomph out of stock w/a different exhaust tip (not sure of volume... I know I tried the washer mod, where you put a washer on each screw between the end cap and the muffler, and the volume increased noticeably... but not obnoxiously). It would be a lot cheaper to try an endcap first... you won't be shaving much weight-wise, but dang these little bikes are extremely light as it is!!

My Hubby just changed my exhaust to a Procircuit & man that thing is so much louder than the stock one but......... I Love It!!!!!!

I just installed a d-section bbr, it's only a loud when you want it to be, smooth power, she's not a 2 stroke