Sign in to follow this  

About to BURN THIS PLACE DOWN

I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME get my camera card to read.

All of a sudden it won't read on the USB reader, or on anyone elses, or at kinkos.

What THE HELL Ian's first day of kindergarten was today and if I can't get those pictures OFF THIS DAMNED TO HELL CAMERA the heat off my head is going to burn this place down.

Seriously. WHY the F will it not read, has anyone else had this happen?!?!?!?!?! I left a certain someone who is of no use to me anymore... in charge of my camera and well look now. Perfect. It's cursed with his cursedness. Satan camera.

have you tried to take the pictures straight off the camera, use the camera cable and connect it straight to the computer :)

Yeah... you never know! My mom's printer wouldnt' read my camera card, so I used the card reader on her laptop to transfer pics to her hard drive then to her camera card and it worked. They can be funny sometimes!

But, once you get those pictures off, format the card and do some test shots before you get too serious!

Oh, and you may look up a computer geek... there are some great recovery programs out there that could pull pictures off that you deleted ages ago... so they should be able to grab those! :)

is there a little black flipper switch on the card, on the side? it's tiny, it's suppsed to "lock" the card or something--that happened to me once and my son said look at the teeny switch and that was the problem.

I just looked at my card and it's tiny grey tab and on the sticker label next to it it says "lock"

your memory card corrupted - I have a piece of software that will let you scan and repair memory cards 95% of the time and at least get your pics off them, but it's always a good idea to replace the card once it does this stuff once because they likely have a defect and will do it again.

The switch only puts it into "read only" mode so you cannot overwrite it - you will still be able to read the data on it with the protection turned on, just not erase or format.

hmm. Yeah I'm saying corrupted because I used four different computers at work, three different card readers, a laptop..kinkos.

Baaaaaah SONY CAN KISS MY ASS

WHAT am I goin do

your memory card corrupted - I have a piece of software that will let you scan and repair memory cards 95% of the time and at least get your pics off them, but it's always a good idea to replace the card once it does this stuff once because they likely have a defect and will do it again.

The switch only puts it into "read only" mode so you cannot overwrite it - you will still be able to read the data on it with the protection turned on, just not erase or format.

+1

Dropping the camera with it turned on, or turning the camera off while it's saving or deleting a picture, or inserting or removing the card with the camera on can all cause the card to become corrupted, as well.

^Some good advice! Don't do anything hasty - you'll figure it out with a little time and careful thought. Good luck!

damn, your not supposed to put a memory card in while the camers is on?? Strike one for me

yes because the card itself will not read. The computer doesn't recognoze that the card is even in the reader. If it did. then at least the files would open and nothing would be in them.