Sign in to follow this  

04 TC450 Popping and cutting out, Ignition problem?

Hey guys i spec your fed up with my posts now but i need to get my bike fixed!! My 04 TC450 has problems where after 5-10 mins of riding it will popp and cut out and won't restart. A few mins later it will fire off the button and be good for a little while longer then do it again. Doe's it sound like i've got an ignition problem? i thought it was running lean and eddie in the jetting forum seemed to think it was probably a stator problem, has anybody else had problems with the stators? is there any way i could work out what the problem is? Cheers

I see you have'nt got any response to your questions. I don't know what it is with this year bike, but I have same year bike and have had a hard time getting any response. What little I do know is it's the Mikuni carb on these bikes. They now run the Keihn, I have hard time getting mine started, Once I do it usually runs ok, until it will flash out with a blip on the throttle, then it doesn't want to restart. If you've found anything out please let me know

From what i've been told it sounds like my bike has a problem with the stator on the ignition side of things. It starts on the button every time apart from when it gets hot pop's and die's. It wont start for 5 or 10 mins until its cool, then fine again until it gets hot! Not sure if there's so much of a problem with the mikuni tmr41's with jetting but they do have a flat spot. I know quite a few people have changed to the kehein fcr's and they run alot sweeter. It looks to me like im going to get the stator checked out and re-wound. Im hoping this is all it is as its just had a full rebuild!!

Actually the 04's were bad for valve ware, have you checked the valve clearances as this will make the bike a bitch to start and will make it pop as the outlet valves cannot open properly (inlets also) this sounds like the problem your experiancing. You should check them in accordiance of your husky manual. If you need the clearances let me know and i'l look them up in my book.