Sign in to follow this  

ssr 125 E4 or E2

hey guys im thinking of buying a pit bike and was wondering if the ssr 125 E4 or E2 bikes are any good for the price. what is the difference between the E4 and E2? and if there are any other bikes that are good for under 1000 let me know. thanks.

hey guys im thinking of buying a pit bike and was wondering if the ssr 125 E4 or E2 bikes are any good for the price. what is the difference between the E4 and E2? and if there are any other bikes that are good for under 1000 let me know. thanks.
basically same just different wheel sizes ,our site has been updated to show only current units

http://tboltusa.com/store/index.php?cPath=46_59

I have a E4 and i love it. Its pretty fast and easy to do wheelies with. Just need to put oil in the forks if your going to jump. Good pitbike!!!

how hard is it to but oil in the forks? does it have a clutch like the big bikes? or is it start in any gear?

how hard is it to but oil in the forks? does it have a clutch like the big bikes? or is it start in any gear?
Here is a link on our site (Servicing Inverted Forks) written by precision50 on how to service the forks. http://www.outlawpowersports.com/category_s/162.htm

The E4 & E2 both have a manual clutch. Neither of them are start in any gear. They are neutral start only.

ok thank u very much outlaw powersports. are the plastics the same as the crf 50? and do they hold up?

what is better the 10/12 or the 12/14 for wheel size?
some guys like the 10/12 seems mostly because the 10 rear is pitbike racing legal and its the original 50 base size ,the 12/14 can be more stable and easy to ride

ok thank u very much outlaw powersports. are the plastics the same as the crf 50? and do they hold up?
They do use CRF50 plastics. Main downside to those models are the rear shock and the foot peg mounts. THe shock is stiff and the stock mounts are steel and can bend. You may need to upgrade them to a set of Chromoly mounts.

what is better the 10/12 or the 12/14 for wheel size?
The 12/10 gives you more of as wild/squirly ride, which most pit bike enthusiasts like. The 14/12 gives you a more stable ride which more adults and trail rides prefer.