Sign in to follow this  

New Bike Bug

Currently have a 01 kdx 220 fmf pipe kx forks rb carb and head mod scotts stab ect had the bike for 6 years I have thinking about a new 250/450 4-st or a 250 2st or building at kx hybird I dont know maybe just a new bike bug thanks for any input 5'10" 190 lbs woods only

I love my 220 but I do also enjoy my 07 KX450, for an MX'er she's actually pretty damn sweet in the tight stuff, I do mainly trail riding and it has plenty down low, thats with the stock flywheel. I am yet to stall it in the woods, amazing frame, engine, suspension and bollistic power, just food for thought.:)

A good choice is a Hybrid,second is a two stroke KX 250 It will take some work to Tame down for trails, but is a good choice. and out of desperation and not to bad a choice would be a KTM 300 or 250 xcw.

Me, I like my green machine 2005 KX250. and I came off a KDX to it at 44 and auto clutch was required equipment.

Thanks for your input I may check out a leftover 07 wr250 this weekend thanks

WR is a slow pig in comparison to the KDX. I would rather tool the woods on my old XR200 than a WR! na!! just kidding ! they are ok but will leave ya with a taste of wanting more power just to get the front wheel off the ground. I had a 04 WR250 for a couple of months and it had alot going on all the free mods plus suspension work, FMF power bomb exhaust, JD jetting and it felt like a well wrapped pig compared to my 05 KX 250.

I just got a 00yz426 and recently found a trail that led to a hunt cabin. About ten kms of very techinical trail. The 426 performed flawlessly. With a larger sprocket you can really keep it at a slow pace for the "trials" sections.