So Long.

It finally happened. I rode a KTM 450 EXC the other day and have decided to abandon the XR and WR and go Orange. Riding the KTM is like cheating, it sucks up the bumps, roots and grooves like they aren't even there, glides over the rocks like it is on rails. I sure hate to give up on the XRs, I still like them better than my WR400, but I can't afford to be hard-headed any more, the old body will not suffer nearly as much on the KTM and just might extend the time that I will keep riding. I've enjoyed participating in the XR forums and hope that I have made a contribution to at least a few. As old habits die hard, I'll most likely look in from time to time. See ya later.

You are a great resource here Creeky. You will be missed. I rode an 03 KTM 450, and it was amazing. My friend has the 08 and I have not ridden it, but he loves it. I can see why you are going orange. Great technology in those bikes. Too bad they have shim under bucket valves like my CRF though. I've heard you don't have to do it so often, but you'll just have the usual uncorking and desmogging to do.

Have fun and drop in.

You are a great resource here Creeky. You will be missed. I rode an 03 KTM 450, and it was amazing. My friend has the 08 and I have not ridden it, but he loves it. I can see why you are going orange. Great technology in those bikes. Too bad they have shim under bucket valves like my CRF though. I've heard you don't have to do it so often, but you'll just have the usual uncorking and desmogging to do.

Have fun and drop in.

only the the 08's are shim over bucket 07' and down rfs's are rocker arm design like a xr

Thought so, (e-start that is) one day with my right knee being so bad - it gets crampy and sore to kick now, but I do it anyway. Really seems to bother me after being in the woods for an hour or so and stalling the bike and trying to restart.

I may have to venture to a newer bike with e-start. But I think I would stay HONDA. KTM is too high zoot for me, I just ain't good enough for the bike. But then the CRF seems to stiff and does not like to turn like my XR does.