2003 450 SX--Need Info On Some Stuff( Kickstand,Switchs,Speedometer)

Wasnt getting any replys on other post so posted in here

2003 450 SX--I NEED igniton/silencer/speedometer/kickstand n More

i just bought a 2003/2004 overstock 450 SX....i use this for trail and hopefully road rideing.

It needs

-Igntion ( i dont care if its a keyd or a switch )...if i get a switch ima go with a keyd kill switch....because kickstarting it is a b***h and when i make it street legal i dont want to be kick starting it every time i ride. ( also as you guys know they dont come stock w/ a key so anyone can just come up and take it so i need a igniton and stuff for it )

-also sence its 1 of the loudest stock bikes of 2003 i need a silencer kit...cheap one 2..i ant got loads of money to spend im only 19.

-speedometer is needed as well due to i dont want to get speeding tickets when i drive it.

-also it needs a kickstand....and i mean a real kickstand...not that triangle stand crap that goes on the back of the bike..i mean a real kick stand

the only thing that sucks is that there is no batterie so i have no idea how the lights//igniton switch and stuff will work.

i need all the info you guys got cuz iv been loocking online 4 this stuff and im not having any luck finding all the stuff i need

Your going to make a track bike street legal cheap? Not certain how to do that?

An ignition switch is not going to make the bike start when you turn it. That requires an electric starter available from KTM

BTW when the engine is in good shape and the valves adjusted proper these are very easy to kick start. I would start with how much compression does it have?

Your going to make a track bike street legal cheap? Not certain how to do that?

An ignition switch is not going to make the bike start when you turn it. That requires an electric starter available from KTM

BTW when the engine is in good shape and the valves adjusted proper these are very easy to kick start. I would start with how much compression does it have?

it was street legal aredy. the origonl owner of it had it street legal but got around the speedometer thing cuz he was a cop...he had lights and everything. the kickstand he used was the triangle clip not a real kickstand....any info on how to contact KTM for a starter or something cuz the cosest dealer to me is 150 miles away : /

go to http://www.munnracing.com/ for a starter and bits needed

go to http://www.promotobillet.com/ for a Real kickstand

go to siccass racing for lights and switches and a cheap computer/speedo by trailtech

Just like Dave said though- none of what you want to do is cheap- You may also have to upgrade your stator to and exc model so you have enough juice-need flywheel stator and cover... battery, battery box- and figure out your wiring-

This is all probably going to cost $1500-2000 (if you do all the work and everything is a sucess) it adds up quick, might want to put this toward a different bike that you are trying to make-? many decisions:thumbsup:

Actualy trailtech has some good kickstands.

DRZ guy and Dave have it right the trail tech has some sick speedometers.

You need a electric starter kit from KTM, about $600.00

I'm getting old and racing in the hot desert so I have one on my training bike a 2004 450sx. You been 19 should be able to kick it all day if needed, but as Dave said check your valves they are easy to check.

Less noice you are in need of a slip on exhaust($200.00). But I will try to repack the one you have before doing that it will be about $10.00 and could fix the noice problem if it is a stock exhaust you could get an insert or spark arrestor to see if that helps.

About a key??? Well that can be done, but i have allways said if they are going to steal it, the fact that they don't have a little key with them won't help you.

Any way you put it is going to be a little expensive

key Switch

Starter kit

kick stand

exhaust fix??

You are looking at about $1000. That if you realy have your bike lights and you do the work

Actualy trailtech has some good kickstands.

DRZ guy and Dave have it right the trail tech has some sick speedometers.

You need a electric starter kit from KTM, about $600.00

I'm getting old and racing in the hot desert so I have one on my training bike a 2004 450sx. You been 19 should be able to kick it all day if needed, but as Dave said check your valves they are easy to check.

Less noice you are in need of a slip on exhaust($200.00). But I will try to repack the one you have before doing that it will be about $10.00 and could fix the noice problem if it is a stock exhaust you could get an insert or spark arrestor to see if that helps.

About a key??? Well that can be done, but i have allways said if they are going to steal it, the fact that they don't have a little key with them won't help you.

Any way you put it is going to be a little expensive

key Switch

Starter kit

kick stand

exhaust fix??

You are looking at about $1000. That if you realy have your bike lights and you do the work

light it came with...i found a kickstand for 89$...im getting a keyd kill switch for it......ill have to check the compresstion when i go to my camp where i have the bike atm because it iis hard to kick start and if u stop half kick or dont doit hard enouph it kicks back...the owner befor me is 25 and he twisted his angle on it kickstarting it cuz of the recoil from the kick start so ima have to check the compression and somehow lower it lol...anywways thx 4 the info guys...only thing im holding off on right now is the eletric starter untill i get a new job that pays better then my job atm.

i payed 2000 for the bike....the guy i got it from payed 5g for it...onyl reason i got it for 2g is cuz he needs the money and to any1 off the street he was charging 3500 for it so i got good deal on it and i have rode it b4 so i no im not getting ripped ?