Sign in to follow this  

aftermarket air screw?

got an SSR140TX and the site shows that it has a 26mm Mikuni carb. Does anyone know an option for an aftermarket air screw that can easily be adjusted by hand?

thanks

got an SSR140TX and the site shows that it has a 26mm Mikuni carb. Does anyone know an option for an aftermarket air screw that can easily be adjusted by hand?

thanks

is this the carb your Talking about

92.jpg

this (Mikuni) Carburetor has the Fuel adjustment screw on the Bottom of the Carb..

If this is the Carb Jeremiah over @ SGR has what your looking for

its looks like that one...i dont know what differences to look for.

I just know that my XR has an aftermarkter (fuel) screw that lets me adjust it by hand.

the carb on the SSR140 is just hard to get to and tough to adjust without burning your hand off

so is it an air screw or a fuel screw?

thanks precision...with your help I should actually get to ride this thing soon!

the jets are on their way...went with a 100 and a 102.5 and a 17.5 and a 20

its looks like that one...i dont know what differences to look for.

I just know that my XR has an aftermarkter (fuel) screw that lets me adjust it by hand.

the carb on the SSR140 is just hard to get to and tough to adjust without burning your hand off

so is it an air screw or a fuel screw?

thanks precision...with your help I should actually get to ride this thing soon!

the jets are on their way...went with a 100 and a 102.5 and a 17.5 and a 20

Ahhh Mmmm thats actually a 22mm Mikuni carb.. Ive gone out and had it measured at a Local shop a couple of years ago...when it was listed as a 24mm Carb on the pitsters.

But still this carb runs very well...:)

Take the carb off turn the screw in all the way and then turn it out 1 & 1/2 turns try the 20 Pilot and the 100 main (Clip 1 spot above the middle slot) Check your plug

with the bike at operating temp then (put a new plug in) 3rd gear start and max it out shut it down and check the plug...if its blackish...put the 17.5 pilot in it.... if its Coffee Brown its Mint on the pilot main should be perfect!

is there a way to confirm that my carb is a 22mm? it says 26mm on the outlaw site....something I can measure or what?

that screw looks perfect (just like the one on my big bike)

is there a way to confirm that my carb is a 22mm? it says 26mm on the outlaw site....something I can measure or what?

that screw looks perfect (just like the one on my big bike)

I know what it says...its not...but its a decent running Carb when jetted correctly and can be found on 124cc to 140cc motors that I have seen.

Trust me it'll fit,that was designed for the underneath air/fuel screw carbs & will fit all diameter carbs with underneath screws.:)

Has anyone tried the R&D Flex air screw? I notice the tip on the R&D is much bigger than the stock air screw.