Sign in to follow this  

08 cam in 07 head info?

Just want to know if it is a stright swap. I was told that you need to change the intake springs but if you look at the parts number the 07 and 08 intake springs are the same.

07 and 08 intake springs are different part numbers... You need to use the 07 OEM exhaust valve springs and 08 intake valve springs if you want to run the 08 cam. -- So all that you will need to switch out are the in valve springs.

Intake Springs:

'07 - 14751-KRN-A00

'08 - 14751-KRN-A10

'07 & '08 cams have the same lift but the '08 has different duration and cam timing, your '07 springs will probably work fine but for $10 it's worth putting new '08 springs in the bike.

Intake Springs:

'07 - 14751-KRN-A00

'08 - 14751-KRN-A10

'07 & '08 cams have the same lift but the '08 has different duration and cam timing, your '07 springs will probably work fine but for $10 it's worth putting new '08 springs in the bike.

you are correct that is what i get for asking a 18 year old parts kid at my Honda dealer

you are correct that is what i get for asking a 18 year old parts kid at my Honda dealer

Where in CA are you...

I put a complete ported 07 R head on my 06 Athena 280 kitted X with an 08 R cam in it. It now has 40hrs on it with no drama's. Stock 07 valves and springs. This is on an A grade vet racing bike. Lovin it:applause: