Sign in to follow this  

Cr500r

Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am in process of building my 91 CR500R for use on the street. I have just purchased a titled frame from California and it is on its way to me here in Hawaii. I have a question (one for now)...

If any of you run a CR500R on the street, how do you keep it quite? What muffler do you use? I'm thinking the local police here wont appreciate the sound of my big 500 going down the street with the pro circuit silencer I have now. I mean.... How much does it really silence it anyway

Thanks,

Jared

Thats a loud bike. No matter what silencer you put on, it will be loud. Hopefully somebody on here will have a answer for you.

i dont understand why you wont a 2 stroke for the street. its bad enough the way gas prices are now. but after buying oil you'll prolly be averaging about 8-9 bucks a gallon?

The question is not why would I... it is why wouldn't I? I wont be riding it everyday, and I can deal with $8 - $9 per gallon when I would be having so much fun.

The question is not why would I... it is why wouldn't I? I wont be riding it everyday, and I can deal with $8 - $9 per gallon when I would be having so much fun.

You won't be sorry you did and who cares how much gas is I don't. Bottled water costs more than that! Email me at mike@fachar-sons.com

I friend of Mine just dual-sported his 01 CR500. He has the FMF pipe, Q silencer & a snorkel pipe on top of that. :) 0 Much quieter & now you hear the engine & expansion chamber ping! !

oval_large.jpg

How 'bout instead of making a fast bike slow, just get a nice quiet slow bike to start with?

If you're worried about noise--------you are on the wrong bike!!! That will be my next build, and there is no quieting except it's stock setup. They have their own "noise", and can't be made quiet easy!!!. Good luck

Find an OEM silencer for it and keep it packed. If it will fit, buy a '94 CR500 silencer as those were longer and, relatively speaking, very quiet.

94cr500r_web.jpg

we got street legal 450x's with pipes and the police dont bother us... there is also a guy riding around with a street RM 250... you should probably run a stocker though, pretty quiet... the reconstruction station passed us...