Sign in to follow this  

simple green to clean air filter?

can i do it without harming the air filter? also does it work good? i hate cleaning air filters cause its hard to get the old oil and dirt out of them but im about to clean it right now and i would like to know if i can use simple green...thanks

We pour some Simple Green and water into a bucket and the filter soak for awhile, then mush around in there and rinse. We've left it soaking for days before, and it hasn't harmed the filter.

I just use gas and it always gets all the oil and dirt out

Gas just loosens the oil and dirt. You have to follow up with soap and water to get the rest of the dirt, oil and gas out of the filter. You will be amazed at how much more dirt comes out of the filter.

buy some twin air cleaner, pour it in a bucket, reuse it for a year. just dip the filter in the cleaner to get all the oil out, then use soap and water to clean the filter. works great. you can keep re-using the cleaner as all you use it for is to cut the oil, not clean the filter

kerosine followed by soap and water!

Another Kerosene and soap and water user here:thumbsup:

buy some twin air cleaner, pour it in a bucket, reuse it for a year.

Twin Air cleaner is kerosene. Works great.

i have always used a part cleaner solvent and it works great. just dip it in, squeez it a few times and let dry. works great every time.

I too use gas to cut the oil, wring that out good, then soapy water (usually a cheap Simple Green knock off) to clean, rinse, and air dry.