Sign in to follow this  

2007 or 2008

here is the deal. i can get a NEW 07 about 500 dollars cheaper than a new 08. What would you do?

Bought my '07 this time last year,The guy had riddden it 3 times, $4500 . Check my garage that was the day I got it home(there was a 15 hour road trip involved 900+ miles) worth every minute of driving.:)

here is the deal. i can get a NEW 07 about 500 dollars cheaper than a new 08. What would you do?

I would get the 2008 beacuse of it being newer unless you are really strapped for money then get the 2007 you cannot go wrong with either.

Good Luck! and go ride:thumbsup:

I had the 07 and now have the 08. 07 is a better package out of the box, I have spent the last 3 months trying to make my 08 handle and feel like my 07 and finally have achieved it!

what was wrong with the handling on the 08. I thought that the 08 was supposed to handle better, no?

Bought my '07 this time last year,The guy had riddden it 3 times, $4500 . Check my garage that was the day I got it home(there was a 15 hour road trip involved 900+ miles) worth every minute of driving.:)

$240 in gas and 15 hours of your time for a used bike.....not that great of a deal; at least not in this part of the country.

has anybody on here had trouble with their electrical gear mapping on their 2008 450. i hear from a few people have had problems with it.:)

I have had a 05 , three 06, one 07, and two 08. Never destroyed a clutch before, accounting I am 265 lbs gear on, and put more than 100 h average on them, one over 200. I´m on my second clutch on my racing 08, and my practicing 08 bike is asking for a new one. Conclussion: they put a new one in 08 and its junk.

The beast is also tammed in 08, but works fine, especially if you get rid of the stock pipe, but not necessary, I did it because I had it already. Makes the bike easier to jet also, and works better on very warm days