Sign in to follow this  

Few updated pics of my 2006 yz450f w/ some little trick stuff

Just got bored today and decided to take some pics of my bike. I just got it back from being completely rebuilt and rejetted...I took it out last night to the track and man does this thing have some grunt. I've only added a Pro Circuit Thermo strip, hour meter, new chain and sprockets, and few other doo-dads.:):D

P.S. The NOS bottle is there because I was trying to find out if I was loosing coolant or not (long story) but it turns out I wasn't. I like the look of it for now...I can say that I added a shot of NOS to my bike:busted: :worthy:

179.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

Just got bored today and decided to take some pics of my bike. I just got it back from being completely rebuilt and rejetted...I took it out last night to the track and man does this thing have some grunt. I've only added a Pro Circuit Thermo strip, hour meter, new chain and sprockets, and few other doo-dads.:):D

P.S. The NOS bottle is there because I was trying to find out if I was loosing coolant or not (long story) but it turns out I wasn't. I like the look of it for now...I can say that I added a shot of NOS to my bike:busted: :worthy:

179.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

Thats a nice looking bike. They actually do have nitrous shots for bikes.

Great looking bike, I love the white YOT graphics!

< glad to see he's not the only one with a bent rear wheel :)

Great looking bike, I love the white YOT graphics!

< glad to see he's not the only one with a bent rear wheel :worthy:

Ha ha yeah that happened at my last race. We tried hammer it out with a mallet* but it only worked a little. Dosen't seem to be affected anything at the moment. I'm gonna take both wheels in to be trued soon though...thanks!:D:)

Thats a nice looking bike. They actually do have nitrous shots for bikes.

Ya I know!:) I saw a guys bike on here that was a CR500 that had a NOS bottle hooked up right in the fron I think...now that's just rediculous:crazy: :worthy::D

Your bike looks amazing man. I might throw those graphics on my 09!

O/T, but does your 06 motor have the typical yz450 motor noise (knock sound)? And if so, is it still there after being rebuilt? I went to trade my 06 450 in and they told me the motor noise was too loud, but it sounds just like the day I got it...:)

Your bike looks amazing man. I might throw those graphics on my 09!

O/T, but does your 06 motor have the typical yz450 motor noise (knock sound)? And if so, is it still there after being rebuilt? I went to trade my 06 450 in and they told me the motor noise was too loud, but it sounds just like the day I got it...:)

Thanks! Yep my bike still has that typical top end knocking noise. Mine was like that the day I got it and still does it today. A friend of mine has the same exact bike and his is even a little louder than mine. There just trying to pull your chain there:rant: ...have them start a brand new one and then see what they say:busted:

Thanks! Yep my bike still has that typical top end knocking noise. Mine was like that the day I got it and still does it today. A friend of mine has the same exact bike and his is even a little louder than mine. There just trying to pull your chain there:rant: ...have them start a brand new one and then see what they say:busted:

Its too late now..lol I just decided to sell it outright insted of trading it in. Its a little discouraging having a mechanic telling me that the motor noise is too loud. Put it this way, I bought my 09 from a different dealer. :)

Its too late now..lol I just decided to sell it outright insted of trading it in. Its a little discouraging having a mechanic telling me that the motor noise is too loud. Put it this way, I bought my 09 from a different dealer. :)

That's exactly what I would do too:thumbsup: Made the right decision there...:D

im in complete ahhhhhhhh of how nice your bike is.it has to be in the top 10 best bikes on TT

idont know dude, look at on the nicest bike on TT thread. i was like :D:)

idont know dude, look at on the nicest bike on TT thread. i was like :D:)

Ya there are some nice bikes on there with all there powder coating and stuff...

Awesome bike, I really liked it when you had it in blue too...

I noticed you safety wired the carb to the head, have you had problems with it popping off? I just recently heard that a lot of privateer and factory teams do this to prevent them from becoming separated...

Awesome bike, I really liked it when you had it in blue too...

I noticed you safety wired the carb to the head, have you had problems with it popping off? I just recently heard that a lot of privateer and factory teams do this to prevent them from becoming separated...

Yeah when I took my bike into the race shop he did all that stuff for me. He used to be a pro mechanic for the older days late 90's-early 2000's. I also have one on my top steering head bolt/nut and a brake snake on my rear brake pedal:thumbsup: