Sign in to follow this  

Class Question For Wed. Night Mx @ Aztek

What class would a 13 year old beginner on a KX 100 be able to ride. I would prefer that he race with like size bikes and abilities and not with older nervices on 450 and such. I noticed they have an OPEN 80's would he qualify for this class on his 100 or not. Just looking for the experience not the trophy.

FLY

Call Aztec and ask where they would want him to race. On their website they have a general info. number, but if you call they always answer.

I got some great advice on what class to race in.

earl

He will race against the 80's, you will only have a problem if he wins since he is on a 100cc. But if he is just starting out there will be probably be 10 super fast 80's that just kill it and the rest will be other kids just looking to have fun. Personally, I would race the 30+ class or the big bikes before taking the whooping those darn little kids will hand down on those 80's........:)

Everyone needs to understand that the Weds night racing is mostly to give people the opportunity to race without having to adhere to the rigid structure that some organizations require... that said, if you think your kid would be better off racing with the 80's, even though he's on a hundy, it will not be a problem. I can't speak for Byron but I've been running these races for the last few years. It won't be a problem. An example: Last night a buddy raced with us in th 30+ class. After watching the open nervous class, after our first moto, that he would have fit better in that class instead of the 30+ class. He ran the second nervous moto instead of our moto and had a blast.

So, bring him out and line him up. It's a really laid-back evening!

BTW, the WNR series ends the end of this month. :) Byron is talking about doing some Saturday morning, 10AM-noon, racing this year. I don't have any details right now but if there's interest, I'll find out next Weds and post back here...

Hope to see some of ya next Weds!

Think I'm gonna come out next wed and give the open beginner class a shot...

I'm not much of a mx guy, but I need some big air practice. If I'm not feelin it after practice, I'll just hang it up for the night before the races start.

Are there usually like 2 motos for each class?

How many laps is the beginner class, usually?

How long is the track, in milage?

:)

I'm not much of a mx guy, but I need some big air practice. If I'm not feelin it after practice, I'll just hang it up for the night before the races start.

Yes, each class gets two motos.

I think you can count on at least 6 laps for the beginner class.

I'd guess the track is around a mile, I haven't measured it and it changes week to week. Count on approximately 2 minute or so lap times.

Thanks for the info. I think I will bring him out and let him run with the 80's. Question: If I wanted to run the 40+ that night do they run at or near the same time as the 80's on the other track. I'm more interested in watching him but if it times out right I wouldn't mind getting a moto in myself.

Thanks for the info. I think I will bring him out and let him run with the 80's. Question: If I wanted to run the 40+ that night do they run at or near the same time as the 80's on the other track. I'm more interested in watching him but if it times out right I wouldn't mind getting a moto in myself.

Its all on the same track so when he is running you'll be watching and vice versa.

Seeing how WNR is ending I think I may go out there and run beginner and go as fast as I can and try not roll to much. I may get a few chuckles but oh well.

I feel you on that. I think I'll do the same. If I feel that I am going to need to roll to much of the track I'll just cancel. South track for some reason I can do it all, but when I get on the North track it gets in my head too much. I mean it is harder, but I think the mental game comes into play big time. You wanna bet to see who takes last??? :D

I feel you on that. I think I'll do the same. If I feel that I am going to need to roll to much of the track I'll just cancel. South track for some reason I can do it all, but when I get on the North track it gets in my head too much. I mean it is harder, but I think the mental game comes into play big time. You wanna bet to see who takes last??? :D

I'm not placin any wagers on this one... I'd say I'll be last, but if I actually get into it & can clear almost everything, I could possibly be slightly better than turtle slow, perhaps. I've never even tried to setup my SX suspension for the mx track and have never rode Aztec either... Now on the other hand, if I start casin it, I'm done.:)

We'll see. Also depends on how things go in Guthrie this weekend...

If you want a moto between your and his moto, just ask, I'm pretty sure it can be accomodated. :) Again, this is as laid back as organized racing gets IMHO.

Hope to see you all next week. Say "Hi" if you come out...

Excellent! Sounds like we'll have a TT party in Open Beginner! As far as setting up your bike for the track I think I'll set my WR450 petcock to reserve instead of on. :D I've never touched the clickers! :)

I've ridden a few laps there - I anticipate quite the battle for last. I'd give you a bike number to help meet me but I don't have one. Thinking about the number 'e'. Yeah, I'm a nerd. Easy way to find me is look for the yellow Explorer you can't miss it.

Onlead

Excellent! Sounds like we'll have a TT party in Open Beginner! As far as setting up your bike for the track I think I'll set my WR450 petcock to reserve instead of on. :banghead: I've never touched the clickers! :D

I've ridden a few laps there - I anticipate quite the battle for last. I'd give you a bike number to help meet me but I don't have one. Thinking about the number 'e'. Yeah, I'm a nerd. Easy way to find me is look for the yellow Explorer you can't miss it.

Onlead

Cool!:ride:

I will prob give my clickers, knobs, & screws a clockwise spin, from the usual settings!:)

I'll be the retard who can't hold a line.... and will likely be runnin the traditional halloween/pumkin colors on the SX, sportin #21. Come say high, indeed.:banghead:

For those in the know, how does the PMI finish line table top compare to aztec's jumps?:worthy:

(Off-topic) I'll be up @ the monument EX track tonight, if anyone wants to come saw some logs!:banghead:

:banghead:

Well heck seeing how we are having a 3 person TT race I think I am going to go out and practice today. As soon as I get home I'm loading up and going out. If I am able to finish a race not in last it would be a miracle, and it seems as though my miracle has arrived! You guys are going to eat my dust, but don't worry it won't be a lot of dust and it will only be when I fall and a lot of dust goes flying up. Please don't run me over.

I haven't ridden PMI in a while but a buddy has and it took him a while to sac up and do the PMI finish line. He jumps everthing at Aztec. The jumps at Aztec, on the N track, are a bit intimidating to some because lots of them are right out of corners. You'll rarely get a chance at Aztec to run at a jump, the possible exception being the FL jump which I hit midrange in 4th.

I'm the old guy on the white CRF. I'll be parked on the north end in a gray Tundra pulling a gray enclosed trailer. I'll make sure bd450 brings some beer... :)

If you want a moto between your and his moto, just ask, I'm pretty sure it can be accomodated. :D Again, this is as laid back as organized racing gets IMHO.

Hope to see you all next week. Say "Hi" if you come out...

I have a request... run the open beginner on the south track... I may have a chance to beat the other two TTers that way. :)

. You'll rarely get a chance at Aztec to run at a jump, the possible exception being the FL jump which I hit midrange in 4th.

Yeah.... to fast for me.... I'll be hitting that thing in middle position 2nd and then crusining over the rest of it like this ---> :)

I think I just may goon ride the whole thing.... oh wait I already ride that way.

Merf help me out here with numbers. First of all do I need to be registered AMA or SRAC to race WNR (I think not)? Second my front number plate has a yellow laminate on it, do I need to take that off so I don't look pro? And last what numbers or letters can I use? If I can use all letters I am going to use S.L.O.W done with black electrical tape. Nobody better take my idea!!

maybe i will come out and be Ty's cheering section!

Merf help me out here with numbers. First of all do I need to be registered AMA or SRAC to race WNR (I think not)? Second my front number plate has a yellow laminate on it, do I need to take that off so I don't look pro? And last what numbers or letters can I use? If I can use all letters I am going to use S.L.O.W done with black electrical tape. Nobody better take my idea!!

AMA/SRAC: No, no membership required. $20 is all that's needed.

No need to worry about the yellow laminate. No number plate designations are enforced for WNR.

Use whatever number you want. If there's a conflict, the scorers will just ask one of you to put an "X" after your number.

S.L.O.W. may already be taken... :D

As far as running the Open Beginner on the South track... I doubt that'll happen. Byron likes to keep it somewhat open for practice. The caveat there is that we've used portions of the south track for the last two weeks...

One side note as well. There's a Vintage MX at Aztec this weekend on the North track. The South track will be open for practice just be aware that if you plan on practicing up on the north track and killin it in Open Beg on Weds, better plan on a different day... :)