KX500 Hybrid is Now a "Tard"

So I bet some of you guys remember my KX500 rebuild, well, here she is with 17's. I only have one picture this time because my camera died:lol:

I got the new wheels about 2 weeks ago, and this thing is ridiculously fun, plus I can kill my buddies around town on their sportbikes:busted:

I do have a Thumpertalk sticker on my 2-stroke, it's the only sticker worthy of being on my bike besides shroud graphics. It's got a thin layer of dust and grime on it, so it's not a shiny as it could be, and you can see where my pipe is cracked by the mount. Damn thing vibrates so much...

P1010180.jpg

?:D:worthy::ride::banghead:

Awesome! Now take it to a sportbike track day and kill all them on the track to. I routinely kick sportbike ass on my Husaberg. "that's the fastest dirt bike I've ever seen" is the quote I get after every session. You will need to gear it a lot higher, I run 15/38 on my berg and it will do 125. I also take my berg to the MX track with the 17s on, now that is a handful!

Here's are couple of pics...

On a rr track at about 100mph

ab93fa02.jpg

At the MX track with 17" rain tires

LandingMX24April08016.jpg

Supermotos are a lot of fun, I would love to have your 500 2T!

Awesome! Now take it to a sportbike track day and kill all them on the track to. I routinely kick sportbike ass on my Husaberg. "that's the fastest dirt bike I've ever seen" is the quote I get after every session. You will need to gear it a lot higher, I run 15/38 on my berg and it will do 125. I also take my berg to the MX track with the 17s on, now that is a handful!

Here's are couple of pics...

On a rr track at about 100mph

ab93fa02.jpg

At the MX track with 17" rain tires

LandingMX24April08016.jpg

Supermotos are a lot of fun, I would love to have your 500 2T!

I would love to have your bike too:busted:

Right now I am running 15-40 gearing, and I don't know what it will top out at, but it is fast enough for me. It is good enough for the highway, and I really don't want to go any higher. I like to have as much low end snap as possible while still being able to cruise at highway speeds. The funnest part is the low end power anyways:ride:

I would love to have your bike too:busted:

Right now I am running 15-40 gearing, and I don't know what it will top out at, but it is fast enough for me. It is good enough for the highway, and I really don't want to go any higher. I like to have as much low end snap as possible while still being able to cruise at highway speeds. The funnest part is the low end power anyways:ride:

Any idea how much hp your 500 makes and how much does it weigh? For comparison my Husaberg makes 65hp and weighs 240lbs dry. My KX250 feels like a feather compared to the berg...

Any idea how much hp your 500 makes and how much does it weigh? For comparison my Husaberg makes 65hp and weighs 240lbs dry. My KX250 feels like a feather compared to the berg...

Actually, our bikes should be pretty close in peak HP, with the KX having a slight advantage in the amount of torque. I found this, all dyno's are different and whatnot, but this stock Berg put out 57.06 HP and 40.87 Ft. lbs. of torque.

http://www.pbase.com/jdjetting1/image/81025165/original

In the May 2005 Dirt Bike Magazine article "True Power-An Inside Look at the Real World of Honest Horsepower" Pg 84, a 1994 KX500 reached peak HP at 7,000 RPM at 60 HP and 47 ft. lbs of torque.

But they are 2 different animals, the Berg is going to be much smoother and tractable. The KX is going to be much snappier and harsh. Both are fast.

Plus, my bike has a modified CR500 Pipe, and I have a few small engine mods. I really don't know how that is affecting the power, I have actually never rode a KX500 in stock form.

A 2005 KX250F weighed in at 204 lbs dry. Now with all the work I have done, I have added some weight. If I had to guess, I added 10-15 pounds with the engine swap, wheels, ext...

That should put my bike at about 215-220 dry, but I really am guessing here:busted:

I know with massive amounts of engine work, you can get a K5's horsepower close to triple digits:eek:

Actually, our bikes should be pretty close in peak HP, with the KX having a slight advantage in the amount of torque. I found this, all dyno's are different and whatnot, but this stock Berg put out 57.06 HP and 40.87 Ft. lbs. of torque.

http://www.pbase.com/jdjetting1/image/81025165/original

In the May 2005 Dirt Bike Magazine article "True Power-An Inside Look at the Real World of Honest Horsepower" Pg 84, a 1994 KX500 reached peak HP at 7,000 RPM at 60 HP and 47 ft. lbs of torque.

But they are 2 different animals, the Berg is going to be much smoother and tractable. The KX is going to be much snappier and harsh. Both are fast.

Plus, my bike has a modified CR500 Pipe, and I have a few small engine mods. I really don't know how that is affecting the power, I have actually never rode a KX500 in stock form.

A 2005 KX250F weighed in at 204 lbs dry. Now with all the work I have done, I have added some weight. If I had to guess, I added 10-15 pounds with the engine swap, wheels, ext...

That should put my bike at about 215-220 dry, but I really am guessing here:busted:

I know with massive amounts of engine work, you can get a K5's horsepower close to triple digits:eek:

The wheels and tires are probably 10 pounds heavier than the dirt setup.

What size rear wheel and tire could you fit? I run a 5" with a 170/55/17 dunlop slick on the back and a 16.5x3.5" with a 120/70/420 dunlop slick on the front. The 16.5" front makes it turn a lot quicker. If you haven't already done so you can move your forks up in the clamps 5-10mm to help with head shake and it also makes the bike turn faster. Tire pressure is also really important on a supermoto. Depending on the tire you should run around 25 psi which is a lot less than the tire recommend. The tires are made for heavy sportbikes so to generate enough heat in the tire on a light supermoto you have to run less pressure. If you haven't already noticed the rear tire won't last very long, maybe 2000 miles...

You probably already know all of this stuff...

Mike

The wheels and tires are probably 10 pounds heavier than the dirt setup.

What size rear wheel and tire could you fit? I run a 5" with a 170/55/17 dunlop slick on the back and a 16.5x3.5" with a 120/70/420 dunlop slick on the front. The 16.5" front makes it turn a lot quicker. If you haven't already done so you can move your forks up in the clamps 5-10mm to help with head shake and it also makes the bike turn faster. Tire pressure is also really important on a supermoto. Depending on the tire you should run around 25 psi which is a lot less than the tire recommend. The tires are made for heavy sportbikes so to generate enough heat in the tire on a light supermoto you have to run less pressure. If you haven't already noticed the rear tire won't last very long, maybe 2000 miles...

You probably already know all of this stuff...

Mike

I just got a 4.25" rear with a 150, I'm cheap, haha. But, the other thing is that if I was to go any wider the chain would rub on the tire, I don't know if thats because of the 250F chassis, but there is only about 1/16" of clearance with the 150. I know there are ways around that, but again, I don't have much money:lol:

I also would have liked to get a 16.5" for the front, but I found an awesome deal on the 17, and I couldn't pass it up. 300 bucks for a brand new Excel with Talon Hub. Running a 120 up front.