Sign in to follow this  

My KX500 Is Now A "Tard"

I only have one picture of my bike with 17's, my camera died:lol: Some of you might remember when I posted my bike in the build process, well, here it is again:p

I got the new wheels about 2 weeks ago, and this thing is ridiculously fun, plus I can kill my buddies around town on their sportbikes, plus, in about 15 minutes I can throw on my dirt wheels and go do a 80' double:busted:

Anyways, I'll give you the lowdown on some of the specs:

1994 KX500 Engine transplanted into a 2005 KX250F Chassis

Wiesco Top End

Hot Rods Crank and Connecting Rod

Boyesen Reed Valves

Tusk Clutch w/ HD springs

Pro Circuit Works CR500 Pipe and Silencer - Modified

Excel Front Rim

Warp 9 Rear Rim

15-40 Gearing

EBC 320mm Front Brake

Custom Coolant Catch Bottle

KX250F Airbox matched to KX500 Boot

Custom Radiator Hoses

Wiring Harness and Hidden Lights

Plus a whole crap load of other little things.........:) (Check Garage If You Must Know)

And I do have a Thumpertalk sticker on my 2-stroke, it's the only sticker worthy of being on my bike besides shroud graphics. It's got a thin layer of dust and grime on it, so it's not a shiny as it could be, and you can see where my pipe is cracked by the mount. Damn thing vibrates so much...

P1010180.jpg

Here are some pictures of the bike before the 17's, so you can see some of the other mods:

P1010173.jpg

P1010174.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010161.jpg

P1010160.jpg

P1010176.jpg

:D:worthy::ride::banghead: :banghead:

sweetness.... thats an awesome machine, i have always wanted to ride on

that thing is sweet, nice job, I like how the lights are hidden.

sweet ride man! nicer then a c5 in my opinion haha i read all about your adventure through the night in your other post sounds like a good time

i like the dirt tires mo betta. looks amazing anyway. where do you live in colorado, i went there last week to steamboat

That's my dream machine.

What's it cruise at down the highway?

The best highway cruising speed is about 55-60 MPH, at that speed the RPM's are still low enough to avoid most of the vibration, and it helps conserve gas. No tachometer, but I am guessing at 55 or so, it is around 3,000 RPM with the 15-40 gearing, and I still have plenty of throttle left:applause:

Your bike has always been my favorite bike on TT, and its now even sicker. Amazing job man. :D:worthy::ride: What I would do to ride that beast. :)