Sign in to follow this  

Street Tires on 400S

I ride maybe 95/5 street/dirt, and the dirt is usually just dirt roads. I was thinking of trying pure street tires this time...anyone else riding on pure street tires (on stock 21/18" rims)?

I found these tires that would fit:

Bridgestone S11 Spitfire Touring ~$117

Continental Conti Tour $$$

Dunlop D404 ~$125-130

Kenda K657 ~$90

Maxxis ProMaxx ~$108

Metzeler Lasertec $$$

Pirelli MT66 ~$125

I'm tired of mounting tires all the time and want something that will last longer than the dual sport tires (although I got 7200 mi on the original TW rear). This next set will be my 5th set of tires in a little over a year.

Scott

Did you look at the Avon Distanzia. They are pretty street orientated, and I didnt see them in your list.

No, I didn't look at them, but they seem expensive. Actually, I only looked at pure street tires, not dual sport.

Have you used them before/did you get good mileage/how were they on the street and dirt roads?

Scott

I haven't tried any of those yet, but when the Trailwings wear out on my street rims I'll be in the market. Be sure and keep us updated on your experiences with street oriented tires, whichever you choose.

I also ride 95% street. I just put on some Michelin Sirac. Similar to the Distanzia. Just a little over a thousand miles on them but I am very pleased the way they handle the street. Wouldn't recommend them for much more then dirt or gravel trails.

I'll sell you my distanzias for 50 bucks. They came with my S wheels when I bought them for my sm. I put on MT21's instead. They have almost full tread still.

PM me if you want them. They're great on the street. My buddy was going to put them on his Husky TE610 but separated his shoulder and won't be riding for the rest of the year.

Update:

Tried to order street tires, but no one had both front and rear in stock. So maybe next time I will try street tires. I found some Kenda K760 Trak Master IIs in stock at Dennis Kirk.

Scott

I just bought a pair of continential TKC 80's. Very impressed. Can take it down to the pegs and venture from road to shoulder with comfort. :)

i run cheng shin barracudas. they are dirt cheap (under $100 for both if i recall) and very good tires, they warm up fast and stick good. i have about 1k miles on them and they are wearing well

drz.jpg

i also have a gsxr with very spendy michelins on it, in my opinion the cheng shins are just as good if not better, they definately heat up quicker and stick great (sportbikes and motards that think they are going to leave me in the corners are in for a surprise, the S is a cornering machine :) )