Sign in to follow this  

RM125 too loud for neighborhood

Since I have not been able to ride trails with my recently bought 03 rm125, I have resorted to riding it in the backyard with my friends. Both of their bikes (crf230 and yz250f) are quiet enough for our neighborhood because they can keep their bikes in low revs. My 2 stroke on the other hand can't be kept in low revs without stalling or going slow. I have been looking into a fmf sst and fmf turbinecore 2 combo for my bike, but motorsport says that a turbinecore 2 does not fit my bike. I know that the fmf stealth does not fit my bike, so could I get the sst and the pro circuit spark arrestor to fit together?

why worry about it if you haven't had any complaints. If i were you i would tell them to get over it.

Its not the neighbors that I am mainly worried about, it is my parents. My dad hates how loud my bike is and I am afraid that he might not allow me to ride in the backyard.

why worry about it if you haven't had any complaints. If i were you i would tell them to get over it.

Yeah, spoken like someone who does not own or pay for a house. :D

How about I have my boys rev a pair harley in front of your house for hours and them have them tell your mom to "get over it". :worthy:

MotoMan40 thanks for being a responsible rider.:)

If the SST pipe fits with the stock silencer and the PC silencer fits with the stock pipe then the PC silencer ahould foit with the SST pipe.

Same goes for the FMF stuff. If A = B and B=C then A = C.

you can put a dbsnorkel right over the existing silencer. that'll make a noticeable difference.

you can put a dbsnorkel right over the existing silencer. that'll make a noticeable difference.

yea 3-8 dbs haha but it will work

Get a fmf turbine core or turbine core Q they will help. Jump on FMF's site to get the part number, get the Q if you can.

The db snorkel works very well. It will be quieter and cheaper than any of the silencers listed in this thread. I've heard it first hand. You will think there is something wrong with you engine or trans because you will hear the mechanical noises they make that you can't normally hear with a regular exhaust.

http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/

It is kinda ugly. The number plate covers most of it but you can still see it. It comes off easy when you don't need it.

When it comes to mufflers you can pick any 2 of these but not all 3.

A. Small / lightweight

B. Quiet

C. Minimal hp loss

The dB snorkel is B and C but its kinda big.

You should also repack whatever silencer you currently have. Repacking may help by itself depending on how bad the current packing is.

I OWN a house and pay for the mortgage and DON'T care how much noise I make in my own yard, and yes if the neighbors did not like it, I'd tell them to get over it.

As long as the dB max-legal is not hit in their yard at point of measurement, they can do NOTHING in my area.

Thankfully nobody complains, and my riding is done mostly to test jetting during SANE hours, but I'm one of those neighbors you have been warned about that would answer complaints with "Suck it up & DEEL with it !"

Buuuuwwwwaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa !!!!!!

Yeah, spoken like someone who does not own or pay for a house. :D

How about I have my boys rev a pair harley in front of your house for hours and them have them tell your mom to "get over it". :worthy:

MotoMan40 thanks for being a responsible rider.:)

Same goes for the FMF stuff. If A = B and B=C then A = C.

ok first of all i live in a apartment with 2 roommates not with my mommy. second of all he would not be reving a harley at his neighbors he is riding around. I know if owned a house and had room to ride i would every day and night. I payed good money for a house and a piece of land and i would do with it what i wanted and not let anybody tell me different.

I've got a used FMF Turbine Core SA that fits a '98 RM125. Probably slightly different mounting than your '03, but maybe it could be made to work...? $130-140 new?... I'll sell for $40 plus shipping.

I think that I will just keep my 125 the same for now. No neighbors have complained yet and my dad is at work when we ride, so he hasn't complained.