Sign in to follow this  

Finally did it!

After watching my bike fall over for the final time :D , I cut that stupid knob of the kick stand bolt :) . Goodbye good auto retract feature, you've screwed me for the last time. I always try to be super careful when parking the bike and still it happened again. But now I know that "GM 522 storm gray metallic touch-up paint" matches the engine covers very well.

it could be worse.. I had to use J&B Weld on my stator cover after the 1st 15 minutes of ownership.

IMG_1135.jpg

It's got nothing to do with the auto retract stand. The side stand is a menace. Just be glad you didn't park next to anything expensive... Or in front of your friends.

Yes, the bike can still walk backwards until it gets to uneven ground enough to tip over. The stand is too tall for many conditions.

I got to where I wouldn't start the beast until I was sitting on it. Really likes to walk on hard surface and can't trust it to be running without ass on the seat.

Even if it's the stand and not the auto retract - that's a really lame feature imo.

Even if it's the stand and not the auto retract - that's a really lame feature imo.
I like it. No problems in 3 years but mine leans over a lot.[TE250] May be worse on bigger motors. It serves me well as an alarm when someone tries to sit on my bike. If they don't have boots I like to here the swearing:thumbsup: I usuallly find a tree in the woods[force of habit]. :)

I like it. No problems in 3 years but mine leans over a lot.[TE250] May be worse on bigger motors. It serves me well as an alarm when someone tries to sit on my bike. If they don't have boots I like to here the swearing:thumbsup: I usuallly find a tree in the woods[force of habit]. :)

My '08 barely leans at all and that seems like a problem unless I am very soft ground.

My '08 barely leans at all and that seems like a problem unless I am very soft ground.

Ask your dealer for the revised kick stand, it's got more of a bend and is slightly shorter. I need the updated part too...as the my bike came with is nearly useless.