Sign in to follow this  

07 TE 610 3000mi report

Hi Guys: Just finished the complete 3000mi. service. All is well!!! I still have the og. clutch cable, battery, and jetting. My gas cap and petcock do not leak. Got the bike from Uptite, did a very easy and strict break in for 1500+ miles!!! Changed the oil and run Spectro 4 off road oil per George. Suspension is still on stock settings and has smoothed out real nice!! The valves were a little loose, I set them at .002 and we're good there, Still runnig the Karoos and like them fine. The batterey tray is fine. The chain and sprockets are fine ( I clean and OIL the chain very often) The rear spokes needed snugging up, the fronts not so much. I run an Uptite pipe, and skid plate,and modified the seat myself. Put on a Baja Designs Enduro headlight and love it, added the 90/100w bulb and that's that. A few bolts were loose and that's about it. Baja here we come I hope to see you guys there, but I'm still looking for a red feather duster!!!

Happy Trails S A

PS. Oh Yeah, the CCT. was at 5 clicks!!! My bike loves me.........

• Like 1

that 90-100w bulb isnt giving you problems? where did you get it?

been wanting somthing brighter

Just flipped 10K miles on mine.

My battery tray broke around 7500 miles but I think that has more to do with dropping the bike over and over than mileage :)

Wheel bearings lasted 8K in rear and 9K in front.

Other than that just chains, sprockets & tires.

10k??? Awesome..... still running good??? The headlght is a "Baja Designs" enduro light, DOT legal, the bulb is a replacement for the 55/60w that came in it (which works great anyway)!!! They are H4 Halogen bulbs, and you can get them almost anywhere..... Have fun...

Oh Yeah, I checked the steering head bearings too and they were well greased and looking good.....

No upgrade needed. The 610 has a 240w alternator, one of the little known facts about the 610, they also put out the highest charge at idle so the battery stays topped off while going slow, then settles down a bit at cruising speed, cool way to do it!!!! A friend of mine has the 90/100w Baja light with 2 Trail Tech 100w HID's (the HID'S only draw about 35w. each) and with that set up, you still have watts left over!!!! So there you go.... The Baja light was 89.00 out the door, re- wire the plug (easy to do),(we have the color code) and turn the night into day. This is almost the best 90.00 dollars you'll spend on the bike!!!! Good luck and Happy Trails......

No upgrade needed. The 610 has a 240w alternator, one of the little known facts about the 610, they also put out the highest charge at idle so the battery stays topped off while going slow, then settles down a bit at cruising speed, cool way to do it!!!! A friend of mine has the 90/100w Baja light with 2 Trail Tech 100w HID's (the HID'S only draw about 35w. each) and with that set up, you still have watts left over!!!! So there you go.... The Baja light was 89.00 out the door, re- wire the plug (easy to do),(we have the color code) and turn the night into day. This is almost the best 90.00 dollars you'll spend on the bike!!!! Good luck and Happy Trails......

I've got a 65w main light, two 55w aux. lights, heated handgrips, heated vest, and I can still run an automatic ice cube maker and anti aircraft device.:)

OK I can't make ice and shoot down missles at the same time but there is plenty of power to spare for a few more common accessories.

What's happening little brother????? How many miles are you on now??????

Just clicked 2800. The big TE has been virtually trouble free. After the first valve ajd. a 500 they haven't moved. Haven't checked the CCt yet but I bet its' good too. October is still looking pretty promising for Mojave, sorry I can't make it down to Baja with you guys, Maybe next year.:)

rajobigguy, better strat riding that thing, I;m catching you. 1600 mi in 2 months. :)

My 610 seems to run harder and smoother with every mile. Been putting the hurt on my buddies V-strom 650 on the street. Fun stuff.

rajobigguy, better strat riding that thing, I;m catching you. 1600 mi in 2 months. :D

My 610 seems to run harder and smoother with every mile. Been putting the hurt on my buddies V-strom 650 on the street. Fun stuff.

Yeah I know, I've had a few financial hurdles lately (haven't we all) that have kept me from getting out much. Should be over it soon and then I can let the big girl out for a few more romps.:)