Sign in to follow this  

Searching For My First Truck and Bike Hauler

OK, I went up to my mom's for the summer and we got a bike. She bought a trailer and stuff so we were able to go ride. Well my dad rented a moving van to come pick me up and now we have the bike in storage and no way to transport it. And it's pretty urgent to get a truck. I searched 4 pages of Craigslist and this one really caught my eye. The only thing is, is it too expensive for being a '69? I know nothing about truck besides that they all can haul a bike. And I really like this color and style. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

http://macon.craigslist.org/car/776713727.html

That truck is begging for a junk yard. When people say Great project truck, it usually means you will have to invest quiet a bit to keep it running. Personally I wouldn't buy anything more than 6-8 years old, and you can find trucks that old for the same price.

Good luck in your search

definitely not worth $2800...if it runs its worth $500...

look for a mid 90's ranger or s10, or an older toyota pickup (late 80's early 90's) you can get these for around what that guys is asking for the junk buggy...

We drove around town and found a 2003 Chevy Silverado for $6k. It looks pretty nice but has 100,000 miles. It has a really big bed too. We'll probably get that if my cousin isn't selling his.

We drove around town and found a 2003 Chevy Silverado for $6k. It looks pretty nice but has 100,000 miles. It has a really big bed too. We'll probably get that if my cousin isn't selling his.

That doesn't seem too out of line....until you start filling the gas tank and watch how fast it goes down.

Same thing goes for truck #1 you linked.

Myself, I'd shop for an S10 or a Ranger-cheaper sale price, easier on gas, still haul a couple bikes, etc etc.

If you have a $3k budget, your options are really wide open.

Once you own an ext cab, you'll never go back to anything less.

When you compare and ext cab SB to a reg cab long box, they're really about the same length, but you get a back seat :)

OK, I went up to my mom's for the summer and we got a bike. She bought a trailer and stuff so we were able to go ride. Well my dad rented a moving van to come pick me up and now we have the bike in storage and no way to transport it. And it's pretty urgent to get a truck. I searched 4 pages of Craigslist and this one really caught my eye. The only thing is, is it too expensive for being a '69? I know nothing about truck besides that they all can haul a bike. And I really like this color and style. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

http://macon.craigslist.org/car/776713727.html

Note to self: Never consider buying a "project truck" from a person who can't spell the word "sky".

• Like 1

Once you own an ext cab, you'll never go back to anything less.

When you compare and ext cab SB to a reg cab long box, they're really about the same length, but you get a back seat :)

+1 get an extended cab, i just got a crew cab and i can't see how i could bear with my old regular cab pickup, there's just no room in there!!!

and it's always good to have a back seat too

With todays gas prices If this is your 1st veichle I wouldn't be looking at at truck. Id be looking at a 4cyl car and a small 2 rail motorcycle trailer.

When I started out I had a 4cyl chevy cavileer and 6x8 flat trailer. The car pulled the trailer great and still got pretty good milage doing it. Nice thing is when your not hauling the bikes around you have a car that gets good fuel milage.

Like everyone has already mentioned, small 2wd truck. most of em get great mileage (My last tank avg on my new ranger was 27mpg:ride: ) Mid 90's or above Rangers are great choice. 4 banger toyotas are good but usually overpriced.

It's looking like I'll get getting that white '03 Chevy. The other one that somebody else suggested already sold. Here's a picture of the white one...

9pp2jk.jpg

1y7jnq.jpg

Way overpriced, did you look at the mileage?

I found this truck in my area, and there are many more to be found. 2002 Silverado - $5500

I bet I could knock off another $500 if I showed up with cash.