Sign in to follow this  

powerbomb worth it?

hey guy i have a 2006 drz400sm all stock except a yoshi rs3 slip on i plan on re jetting and doin the 3x3 mod...i was wondering if the fmf power bomb header is worth buying?

Hey there, i am waiting on mine to arrive in australia, apparently they don't give you as much power as a yoshi header (as they aren't as big) but don't increase the noise of your bike while increasing power a bit. As i ride on a fair amount of public land this sounds ideal for me as the standard de-restricted pipe is too loud i think. I have also ordered the Q2, another guy on here has the same setup and really likes it. I will let you know when i have it fitted.

The powerbomb header worked on my S, and better still when connected to a UK spec E silencer.

You don't have much choice, the powerbomb is the best of the aftermarket headers, except for the Yosh one.

Unfortunately the Yosh header will not fit the slip on system, so you can either sell your system and get a full Yosh, or go with the FMF, you and your wallet are the deciding factor.

Neil. :):D:worthy:

hey guy i have a 2006 drz400sm all stock except a yoshi rs3 slip on i plan on re jetting and doin the 3x3 mod...i was wondering if the fmf power bomb header is worth buying?

Hi five, :)

In my opinion, it is... especially if you are looking for more low end torque.

IMG_1718.jpg

It works great... even with an E muffler. And if you got a full Yosh system later on, you could easily sell your present exhaust for a good price and recoup a chunk of cash to put towards the Yosh.

Take Care,

Greg

Worth the money, well thats subjective. Would I buy another one for another drz, yes. :)

definitely worth the money. Best exhaust I've ever bought for a bike. Powerbomb header and Powercore 4 is an unreal match up. Powercore 4 also has removable spark arrestor for a very loud bark.

I bought a powerbomb header and Q2 for my 08 DRZ400e, it needed a few mods to fit correctly but now done, sounds awesome, has a little more low end torque and sounds awesome A+

Reviving an old post...

In an older posting, Eddie said the powerbomb was basically a gimmick. Are there any dynos on running the powerbomb with a stock s muffler?

i got hi-flow cheaper and better..

powerbomb not worth it iwth RS-3, it will mess up the resonance frequ of the "bomb", if it works at all...put the hi-flow, i liked it