Sign in to follow this  

08 WR to YZ suspension

What does it take to get a WR to preform like a YZ suspension wise. I bought an 08 WR strictly because I will not buy a RED sticker bike here in CA. But since I have bought it, I have begun to ride the MX track a lot more, almost exclusively during the summer. As I am getting better at jumping I see the drawbacks of the WR suspension for MX.

Would it require new springs front and rear, or re-valving front and rear, or both. If both I know that will be pretty expensive. I was thinking if the YZ and WR suspension is interchangeable, possibly somebody who was looking to change their YZ into a trails bike would be interested in a trade straight across, suspension for suspension. Would this work?

Tim

They are different, the wr uses cartrige type and the yz are twin chamber, the wr uses a completely different base valve (wr has a blow off type system)

YZ suspension is as STU2 mentioned completely different...

Current YZ suspension is light years ahead of the late model WR suspension, but the Wr suspension can be made to work pretty good. I still have an 04' yz250f that has the same forks as the current model WR's and with Enzo's revalve they are very good.

Sometimes later model forks and shocks are for sale - could be a usefull upgrade. Use the WR legs for the woods and some YZ spec on the track

You can make the WR suspension work really well, just don't ride a YZ with a new twin chamber fork.👍