Sign in to follow this  

Really glad i own a 2 stroke

Just got off the phone with the Honda dealer in my area. This is reguarding the prices for parts rebuilding my motor for my 03 450.

I'm glad I own a two stroke.

Yeah rebuild at that price ounce a year or longer while with the 2-smoke times it's rebuild cost by 3 or 4 in the same amount of time as the thumper running synthetic oil and being properly maintained.

there pretty close. :)

Yeah rebuild at that price ounce a year or longer while with the 2-smoke times it's rebuild cost by 3 or 4 in the same amount of time as the thumper running synthetic oil and being properly maintained.

there pretty close. :)

Say what??? My 03' YZ is still running the original stuff, 5 year total $0.00. How much are 4 stroke guys spending on daily oil and filter changes trying to find longevity?

some ride more, or just ride harder. in the time ive owned my fourstroke its been in and around the same to keep it running. maybe alittle more, for those of us who race you wont get 3 years out of a piston and rings on a twostroke, like some of you. ive put 40 hours of track time on my yz and did a rebuild it came to about 300 bucks which wasnt to bad in my opinion, im riding in my opinion a better bike, bottom line is dont buy a fourstroke if you dont have the mechanical ability or little bit of extra money to keep it running. and for god sakes dont ride it till the point that it blows up!

I dont race, I trail ride only. But I try to go every Sunday. I try to switch between the thumper and the smoker. The thumper being my 06YZ450 and my smoker cr250r.

I have to admit my YZ has a lot more hours that the smoker and still going strong. But the smoker is so much easier to work on and cheaper to maintain.

No matter what the case, I'll try to have one of each.

Being a mechanic by trade always helps when I have problems with either bike.