Sign in to follow this  

Rm 250 Top End Help Please

Ok If if you guys would help me again I would really appriciate it. I was riding my rm 250 yesterday and it siezed up on me:bonk: Well I took it apart tonight and the piston had two pieces chip off the top and it scratched my sleeve really good, ok so the piston installation no problem of course but my problem is getting the new sleeve installed any suggestions? I have not bought and parts yet but I am pricing and trying to find the best way to do this, and I want to make sure everything is done right. Would it be easier to send my jug off and have someone resleeve it? Also I was considering boring it but I do not want to bore it to much because that could cause problems any suggestions thanks guys. Its killin me I am going thru withdrawls I need to get it fixed thanks.

hey man, i did the same thing about a month and a half ago on my 02 rm. i found a cool company in colorado that did a great job for cheap. and i even went with the 265 big bore and it is bad ass. www.kustomkraft.com. check it out. or give them a call. they are super helpful and easy going. cost me $485 for the whole deal. of course you have to do the install yourself, so it helps to be handy with a wrench. but it was my first rebuild and it went smooth. anyway, there are plenty of other companies also, but they seem to cost more. google "max rpm" i hear they are good to.