Sign in to follow this  

Need info on TC 250's!!

Is it just me or are the Husky 250 f's bad as$ looking bikes? Never actually seen one in person around here though. Can they compete with the jap 250f's or are they more of a woods bike? I know the TC is the mx version but find it odd that i never seem them at races. I imagine this could be because of the parts availability/cost, and the fact that it's hard to find a dealer.

Anyways, Im still recovering from a recent surgery and have a 07 kawi 450. I have been really considering making the switch to the Husky's. I ride 250 B and dont want to set myself up with a bike that not up to par in the racing department.

Please shoot me some advice.

Thanks

I owned a '06 TC 250 but I am a woods rider. 2005-2008 TC's advantages are very easy maintenance, valve issues are none and easy to adjust, same goes for accessing the carb. The power is good but can feel like there is not as much due to not as loud and you don't feel you are going as fast. I am not sure if there is as much power as Japanese 250 f's but it always had enough for me. Later in the year there is going to be a limited number of 2009 TC 250's with a new motor, this engine is said to be much lighter than any other four stroke 250 and much more compact. It will be interesting to see what kind of power it is going to put out. The '05-'08's are great bikes though. 2004 is too but needs a carb fix and some '04's had a valve issue which was easily fixed. I hope you heal up fast and get back out there.

7602, as luck would have it, i actually live in Pueblo. But have never heard of a dealer here. Do you happen to know where about it is? I know we have a KTM, Honda, and then Rocky Mtn Cycle which sells Kawi,Zooks, and Yami's. I would def be interested in the test ride though thanks for the offer.

I have a 08 tc 250 little soft on the bottom but mid on up just fine also went up 2 teeth in the rear sproc, that helped. I find it very competative to the others I race the A class ND, and have finished top 3 with it and some wins box stock set the sag and go, and it had been 16 years since I raced that class.

I thought the new TC 250 motor wasn't coming out until 2010. You know the 204 lb monster!

David