Sign in to follow this  

08 450sxf reliability?

how did you experts bikes hold up this year? i am about to get an 08 or 09 and was just wondering how the reliability was on the bikes.

Well, I'm no expert but I have had an 08 450 SXF for about a year now and other than an outside water pump seal leaking it has been very solid. It is also an easy bike to work on maintenance wise. Which is one of the reasons I own it. I checked the valves just the other day and they were still in spec after a year of riding mx. I do regular oil changes and clean the air filter after every ride. You need to pay attention to the air box on these bikes though. When I ride in really sandy loamy conditions I find the airbox gets lots of crap in it. That is the only gripe I have with this bike is the airbox does not seem to be sealed well compared to our Honda stable mates. I have used duct tape at times to help seal it and it has helped.

how did you experts bikes hold up this year? i am about to get an 08 or 09 and was just wondering how the reliability was on the bikes.

Are you serious? Okay fine i'll answer this question again!!!! But never after this. These bikes are of excellent craftsmanship and the reliability is up there with the best of them. So far no problems with my 08 450 SXF :) Good luck (even though you wont need it)

The only problem I had with mine (I got 2 07's) ktm compt'ed the repair. Try to get that on your red yellow blue or green bikes.

Orange rules.

Not an expert but I've got an 07 505SXf with 150 hours on it. It's never even needed a valve adjustment. The bike is ridden hard but maintained well... I'm a happy customer.

LOL...You should reword you question to non-expert riders. They are the ones that come up short on jumps, over rev thier bikes, and don't have their sponsored shop maintaining them to a tee... You'll never see an expert rider slam his bike publically, especially if he's dealer sponsored....

The g/f got an 08 250 XCF-W this spring and had a few carb problems from the get-go. KTM put an entire new carb on her bike pro-bono:thumbsup: Gotta love that 30 day guarantee and dealer support:applause:

the 150hrs and no valve adjustment inspires me, if a bike can go that long without serious maintanence im sold.

Be careful...my 08' had 15hrs on it and the cam retainer bolts loosened....scrambled the engine. $4000 fix...trying to get a little help from KTM. Dealer is doing everything they can, but I won't own another...and I've owned them all..