Sign in to follow this  

SCary fast fuel pump, FCR only?

Hey crew, I was reading in a motocross magazine the other day that they installed this fuel pump along with a rejet and it makes a big difference for only $90.00. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is only compatible with FCR carbs or if it is available for the stock carb on an 06 SM? Any help would be great as a little extra juice for under a hundred sounds like a good idea.

I have installed fuel pumps on carb'd bikes that were high hp (150+hp) and had flow issues due to the added hp capability (and thereby flow needed to meet demand at WFO)

On a DRZ? I can't imagine a situation that would require that much flow, outside of a severely misadjusted float, severely restricted fuel line or a severely restricted tank vent. IE, the problem could easily be corrected without the fuel pump

I have a fuel pump on mine, but that is required with the blow thru turbo setup. The fuel pump flows enough for 300hp :) A little overkill

hear on TT we have some thing called the "play doe fix" ???

well on the older FCR carbs they use a little dob of JB-weld to change the size of the little accelerator pump rezavor

no need to pay out the nose for one more red bit of alunom

now if I'm wrong I will be flogged with a sandwitsh

Most of the AP covers out there are fixed for poor jetting. Set the AP up correctly, you do not need them. The FCR-MX does not need anything more than the O-Ring mod (or stiffer AP spring, same differenece). The non mx carbs that use a leak jet might benefit from an adjustable leak jet but only if it needs to be adjusted a lot (due to vastly different riding conditions) or when any adjustement is a nightmare (like on my WR).

There is no AP on the stockers BSR CV carb. The AP is only on FCR's.