Sign in to follow this  

Front End Feeling Rough

Front end felt very rough today. Whenever I hit a root in the trail the front seemed to snap back quick and hard...hopped back at me.

Also riding through sandy whoops, the front again was snaping back hard and at times almost caused me to lose control, bike was hard to keep straight.

Is that an issue with rebound or compression. Would softening (turning out) the rebound on the forks solve this problem or something else?

Thanks.....

Soften the compresion dampning. Working on this my self.. Planing on going out this weekend and run through some "stuff" , adjust and go back again till I get it to handle the way I want.

Eric

Thats what I thought. Going to make adjustments and ride the terrain over and over until the bike handles the way I like.

Wasnt sure if it was a compression or rebound issue. Thanks...

I'd slow the rebound a tad.

Slowing the rebound would be turning it in (harder)....correct?

Thanks

You want to go harder on comp. , and softer on rebound , that will help out on roots ,and sand.

Also make sure you bleed the air before you start making adjustments.

+1 :)

Slowing the rebound would be turning it in (harder)....correct?

Thanks

Correct.

I'm interpreting the problem to be a concern where the forks are compressing then "snapping back" or springing back too quickly due to too soft of a compression setting.

If the concern is a harsh jaring, and not a springing back concern, then a softer compression setting would be first, with a 2nd possible fix of swapping out the fluid for a lighter weight variant.

I too am finding it hard to diagnose my front end issues as either compression or rebound oriented.