Sign in to follow this  

Anyone from Southeast going to Mich. AMA D/S ride Sept 27-28?

Anyone from the southeast want to go to the AMA Dualsport ride in Wolverine, MI Sept 27-28?

I'm looking for someone to share the expenses to drive up and back. Would like to leave at least by early Thursday morning the 25th to arrive a day early, return home on Monday.

http://www.gldsmc.org/chandlerhill08.html

http://www.gldsmc.org/08CHC/CHC08Flyer.pdf

Any takers?

Hope you can make it, going to be a fabulous ride. Some of the best single track in the State. Two tracks that disappear over the next hill..

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1686&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1743&g2_serialNumber=2

Hey 2trakR I am trying to convince the old man to do a ride with the GLDS'ers that weekend. Looks like a fun ride. How would a pair of XR650R's fit in with your group?

BentAero, That would be cool if you could make it. You have ridden with Yanni23 before right?

Hopefully we'll see you there,

Derek

:)

Hope you can make it, going to be a fabulous ride. Some of the best single track in the State. Two tracks that disappear over the next hill..

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1686&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1743&g2_serialNumber=2

What he said! Great ride and beautiful country. :)

Hope you can make it BentAero!

BentAero, That would be cool if you could make it. You have ridden with Yanni23 before right?

Hopefully we'll see you there,

Derek

Derek,

Yes, the Yannimeister is a good friend of mine, and he's slowly teaching me the WNC woods. (Man I hate rocks!)

I'm a MI native having spent nearly all of the 1980's racing Dist. 14 enduro's...

What the heck are those things in the forest - they look like baby palm trees?

Michigan may have sand too, but at least we've got normal trees! :D

If you liked riding in Allegator land Yanni, you would love Northern Michigan; very little sand and lots of flowing sweeping trails, banked corners, constantly twisting trail that weaves through trees, roots, and a few rolly rocks for fun. No man eating rocks though! :)

Well all right then. Get your priorities straight, come do the ride, and bring the crazy ass lady with you!:) It would be nice to have another gal to ride with because I get tired of riding with dang old smelly guys!:D

Well, I have to say I’ve never seen my picture that large before and it immediately started the blushing on my arms! How’s it going guys? (And I say ‘guys’ meaning the chicks too. Blame it on my being a Yank. :) ) My nickname is Alpha (long story. I’ll have to tell you over a beer sometime.) And as said, I’m pretty new to ThumperTalk and boy have I learned A LOT! I’m not a full sized newb when it comes to riding, so let’s just say I’m a little newb. I’ve never met someone with a pure passion for riding as Yanni. Yes, in Michigan I knew this family who’s life revolved riding and racing and could never understand for the life of me what was the thrill; what caused that drive to just ride. Then I met your Yanni23. From videos of the trails he rode, pictures and just talking with him, I’m beginning to understand that thrill. And as for the rest of you… wow! You guys know your stuff. :D I can’t tell you how many threads/posts I’ve read learning more and more. So much in fact, I’m able to keep up with a conversation and know fully what is going on in the riding world. Thanks to all of you!

So, yes… I’m from Michigan and I know all about the sand you guys are talking about. A few rolling hills (My Smokies here in TN of course are the best) but I’ve never heard anything negative about riding in Michigan. I’ve seen the motocross world with racing and all that jazz, but what you guys do is just amazing. Completely jealous of what you guys get to see!

Well, I just wanted to say “hi” and introduce my self properly.

Until Next Time… Alpha is OUT. :worthy:

Man-O-Man. I think if Yanni and BentAero both come I might have to move the salmon fishing trip for the next weekend. I love this time of year and I have about every weekend booked with some kind of activity. If it isn't some dual sporting, its fishing or its hunting (As of October 1st I'm in hunting mode). Way too much to do in such little time (I need less hobbies):D .

BentAero that sweet that your from Michigan. I would love to do a ride in the mountains one day. Because to put it nicely Michigan is like a pancake. Up in Kalkasaka and nearby areas its somewhat hilly but no true mountains. And rocks. What are rocks?

Yanni! You got to come. Here in Michigan we a lot of your new favorite Terrain type. We got lots and lots of SAND. Wouldn't be my first type of terrain choice but there is nothing like a sand storm that your rear tire can create. It is an awesome feeling.

Hopefully we will see everyone soon

Derek

Man-O-Man. I think if Yanni and BentAero both come I might have to move the salmon fishing trip for the next weekend.

BentAero that sweet that your from Michigan. I would love to do a ride in the mountains one day. Because to put it nicely Michigan is like a pancake. Up in Kalkasaka and nearby areas its somewhat hilly but no true mountains. And rocks. What are rocks?

Yanni! You got to come. Here in Michigan we a lot of your new favorite Terrain type. We got lots and lots of SAND. Wouldn't be my first type of terrain choice but there is nothing like a sand storm that your rear tire can create. It is an awesome feeling.

Hopefully we will see everyone soon

Derek

The problem right now is Yanni's lame-ass job. I keep tellin' him to quit, he can always get another one! I mean, c'mon, where are his priorities?

I tried work once, I didn't like it.

Ahhh, Kalkaska. And South Boardman, and Fife Lake, and Camp Grayling, and Moorestown -my old stompin' grounds.... Can 'ya here John Denver singin' "Hey, it's good to be back home again..."

Yanni: You never cease to amaze me. You go diggin' around on the internet and find a photo of the hottest lookin' babe you can find, and then post up that she's your girlfriend. And on top of that, you open up a Michigan map, your finger lands on Stockbridge of all places, and you expect us to believe this imaginary hotty is from this microdot farm town! And then you post up "Alpha" as if she's real. Man, you need to stop livin' in this fantasy world.

Small world? When I met my wife-to-be back in '94, she was living in.... (drum roll please....)

Stockbridge, MI!

I understand fully and totally why Alpha would want to move from the booming metropolis of Stockbridge, after all, I lived in Ingham County until I was old enough to be your dad, but we won't get into that age thing...

Seriously Yannster, if you'd give up that high-paying job w/ all that fancy paid health insurance and become a door-to-door paint brush salesman, you'd have a LOT more time to do these bitchin' D/S rides...

Bentaero out.

Bentaero you are hilarious. By far my favorite post so far... well, because some of it was about me!:D So, you're from Ingham Co, eh? Interesting. I'm sure I could tell you some local spots that no one knows about except for us Michiganders. Hmm... Let me see. How about the Panther Hardware used to be in the building where the pharmacy is now, and they built a brand new building across the street from the gas station on the curve, where a big billboard used to be until they took it down because people kept crashing into it. Is that pretty good? :)

As for the ride in Michigan, I encourage anyone who is able to ride up that way to go. I was encouraging Yanni to head up there with all you guys. Plus, I want to see pictures and videos from all of your rides. I'm totally diggin' this! :worthy:

Until Next Time...

Alpha OUT :ride:

. I'm sure I could tell you some local spots that no one knows about except for us Michiganders. Hmm... Let me see. How about the Panther Hardware used to be in the building where the pharmacy is now, and they built a brand new building across the street from the gas station on the curve, where a big billboard used to be until they took it down because people kept crashing into it. Is that pretty good? :)

Alpha OUT :ride:

OK, that's it. Ryan, how did know this?

Well, I have to admit, she must be real. There's no way He could no that. Good on 'ya Alpha! :D

Yanni, there ain't no way I'm drivin' to the northern tip of the LP for one day of ridin'. Git it outta yer hed. :worthy:

How would a pair of XR650R's fit in with your group?

Just fine.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2934&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1671&g2_serialNumber=2

Wow, i guess i gotta pay more attention to these events!

The camping area for this ride is only about 20 minutes north of my cabin at the most, been wanting to do a DS ride like this since getting back into bikes.

Back in the early 90's my buds and I spent nearly every weekend riding the Tomahawk loops west of Wolverine. Top-notch riding for sure.

I'll see if I can get the wife to join as well, she's gettin pretty good on her TW-200.

Yes, nice riding there 👍 :

DSCN2454.jpg

scan0029.jpg

Teds-Ride.jpg