Sign in to follow this  

Anybody thats good with suspension willing to help another rider out?

Okay. I have a 1999 Cr250r. And Im about 6'2" 240 pounds and the suspension is way soft on my bike. To the point where I cant ride it anymore really. Im trying to save up for new springs, but I dont know how to install them and I sure as heck wont have enough money to have the shop do it. Im really bad on money and im going to have trouble saving up for the springs themselves.

I was just wondering if there are any suspension gurus on here in the slc valley area that could help a fellow rider out.

Thanks.

have you ever done a fork service? if so you can change springs. if you have never done a service there are alot of good online resources. let me know and I'll give what ever pointers that I can. where are you located

I looked in my manual and its so confusing. If I even try I will for sure &%$#@! something up.

Ive never done anything to the suspension. I got the bike in april from my dad and I dont know how to do anything with the technical stuff.

I live in Tooele.

does your bike have dual or single chamber forks???

Not sure, how do I check?

[quote=clamber;6807366

I live in Tooele.

sorry to thread jack but I have to recommend riding supermoto @ Miller....mega nice place...awesome track and dirt sections

sorry to thread jack but I have to recommend riding supermoto @ Miller....mega nice place...awesome track and dirt sections

Haha yeah, thats one of my dreams is to be able to ride there on a nice supermoto bike. But I couldnt afford the tires let alone the actual bike.

Im looking in the manual and Im looking in the fork chapter but I cant find anything on how many chambers there are. Ill take another look.

never mind they are twin chamber forks. for me if I can watch it being done once then I can usually figure it out from there. the best how to videos that I found are on rocky mtn atv/mc's website. if you go to the home page there is a instructional & off road video link on the right side. watch both videos for twin chamber forks. then if/when you have any ?'s let us/me know and we will get you taken care of.

Google "mx tech" , check out their site, helpful info