Sign in to follow this  

DS tire shortage

There seems to be a shortage of Dual Sport tires in many sizes. I am having a real hard time finding a 5.10 for the rear of my 650. Would a 4.60 be ok? I know a 130 would work, but Im looking at k270s or something similar.

Yep! The sudden surge in dualsport interest has sucked up the supplies of budget and moderate priced street oriented dualsport tires. There still seems to be a good supply of the more off-road oriented tires.

A 4.60 is roughly equivalent to a 120/90. It will be fine.

I'm a dealer. I buy tires from the major motorcycle accessory distributors - Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, Western Powersports. These are the companies that supply the bulk of aftermarket items to shops around the country. I have online access to these distributors warehouse inventories. The inventory levels of low to mid priced dual sport tires (Cheng shin, Kenda, Shinko, Duro, etc.) is currently next to nothing. I'm sure it will all change in a month or two as the system adjusts to the current increase in demand.

There seems to be a shortage of Dual Sport tires in many sizes. I am having a real hard time finding a 5.10 for the rear of my 650. Would a 4.60 be ok? I know a 130 would work, but Im looking at k270s or something similar.

JC Whitney has the K270's, sort-of. I ordered a pair three days ago and the expected ship date from their supplier is August 16th. I did the 5.10 rear and 3.25 front.

I've got a TrackmasterII rear and a 776 front on order from TT....no word on back-orders, but the order IS still pending too....

I guess as soon as they get off back order, I'll go ahead and order a spare rear, BEFORE I need it.

My stuff is shipping today! Tires weren't the hold-up, it was the tank. Regardless though....IT'S SHIPPING TODAY!:)

TackmasterII (rear) and 776 (frt) are on the way....

My stuff is shipping today! Tires weren't the hold-up, it was the tank. Regardless though....IT'S SHIPPING TODAY!:)

TackmasterII (rear) and 776 (frt) are on the way....

Trakmasters seem more aggressive than I want Kliff. My bike came with one on the front. Very bumpy ride on pavement.

You getting a new tank for your new DR? Getting rid of the pretty yellow?

Trakmasters seem more aggressive than I want Kliff. My bike came with one on the front. Very bumpy ride on pavement.

You getting a new tank for your new DR? Getting rid of the pretty yellow?

Yeah, I usually do the overkill bit on tires....LOL. Will be orderring a 270 soon as they are available. I'm hoping the 776 front won't be as bumpy as a TMII would be, but I know that rear is gonna beat me to death! Should be a blast off road though.

Welll.....that purty yaller tank ain't all that purty rat now.... On the way home from Madison, a strap came loose. At least the bike stayed on the trailer. But the tank is badly scarred, as is the muffler heat sheild. Besides, I like excess fuel, specially in the boonies.

But I'll fix her, paint her, and keep her, just in case.

Looks like most everything should start coming in next week. So I'll start with suspension and tires, and work up. Might actually get a day or 2 to try her out around the end of the month. If so, I wanna see some of those dirt roads!

www.rockymountainatv.com

will match any price lower than them...if you can find one lower

I got my 760 trackmaster rear and 776 enduro front from them and love them

What kind of pressures are you normally running? I was "guesstimating" about 27psi frt, and 25psi rear, for 50/50 usage.

Kenda 776 frt, and TMII rear from ThumperTalk arrived today, BUT the Kenda 270 rear shipped from AMT today as well.....

So.....looks like there are a few 270's out there, and they should be shipping, depending on where ya gott 'em coming from.

Kenda 270 rear, orderred saturday, here today, 6 days total, including Sat and Sun. AMT came through!

Dammit.....forgot to order a tube though!👍