Sign in to follow this  

XR600 questions! from newbie

Hey guys, im new to the forum and am glad to finally have found some where I can get some help on my bike!

I have an 87 XR600 that a got a few months back. Well its got a few things Ive been tryin to work out. Like leaking carbs. I found out the float bowl gaskets are shot. I called honda and they want ALLOT for them. Was wondering if anyone knows where i can get some cheap carb rebuild kits?

Thanks ahead of time for anyhelp I get on here. Im sure Ill be back soon with more questions.

Also I have a complete xr600 parts bike that came with my bike. anyone looking for parts? PM me.

No I don't know where you can get cheap carb kits but I'd has at a guess and say the two gaskets couldn't be more than $5.00 each.If thats to expensive go to an auto shop get some gasket paper and make your own..If you were in NZ I'd be interested in the bits,,unfortunately freight from the States to here is way to expensive for me to warrant buying anything from you.

wish gasket paper was an option. They have rubber gaskets. also the dealer wants an arm and a leg for the rebuid kits. not 5 bucks. try over 100 per carb! thanks

hey cleonard, the web page you sent me is sold out of the XR repair kits. Ill google it again and see if I find anything else. thanks!

mmm...Fair enough.The float bowl gaskets on my 86 are paper..or papery.Only rubber one I know of goes between the head and the carb manifold.You could probably replace that with paper as well..after all it's only for sealing the two surfaces.

Man... if you where here right now, id hug you... Ive been looking and calling around for 3-4 days now. Thank you! I just ordered to kits.