Sign in to follow this  

Help choosing my AC surgery!

If anyone has had a Grade III AC separation and had surgery to repair it, please chime in here to let me know what your experience, procedure, and out come was.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Schaffer

jschaffer@usa.net

Just go see Dr. Mark and get it done right the first time

Do you have an Xray to post....most Grade III do not need surgery I think...only grades 4, 5, and 6....so without picture tough to tell you what to do ....post Xray and let the Doc tell you which way to go...and If you need it go see the best...Dr Mark Sanders....:)

Scotty J

Just go see Dr. Mark and get it done right the first time

Heck, I even got a free T-shirt!

I also have a grade III AC Separation. The accident happened Mon. 10/13/08. The pain is subsiding, but the injury is still pretty fresh. I have gotten three opinions and they all have different procedures for repairing it. None, however, described your method Dr. Sanders. Do you know any doctors in Orange County that you could recommend?

Thanks, Tom

I mostly redo work from Orange County. Having a Porsche and working in a county that movie stars live in doesn't impress me much.

The operation I do follows the K.I.S.S principle. Anyone could do it, provided they have the guts to make the skin incision.

Its so easy and simple that most docs, trying to find a unique reason for their existance, don't do it. So in the end, most people have a more complicated operation, and then a second operation either to redo the whole thing, or to take out hardware.

Thanks for responding so quickly, Mark. I think I like the simplicity of your procedure. A question I have that I did not see addressed on your website is whether or not you do anything to reattach ligaments. Is this possible or do you simply tie the clavicle and the acromion together with the wire?

As an aside, I have family and friends in the Houston area, so it would not be that difficult to come see you as oppossed to having something done here in SoCal.

Like every ligament in the body, except the ACL which lives inside a joint, the ligament reforms or heals itself along the lines of stress-guided by the ropes.

If folks would just follow the K.I.S.S principle, it wouldn't be so hard for everyone.

Folks need to be here for about 48 hours and won't need to come back.

Even if you didn't have relatives in TX, it still would be a no brainer to go.

the fact that you do have family there, means you get to visit and get fixed at the same time.... 2 birds with one stone.