Sign in to follow this  

2007 cr125r wont start!!!

Okay well i have a 2007 cr125. I was at englishtown this wednesday and i ran a moto started fine came of the track rode my cr250 for 2 motos and then the damn thing just wouldnt start. I mean it has 6 hours on the piston brand new sparkplug brand new vforce reeds!!! i mean i have no clue y it would not start.

may sound silly but have to tried to bump start it?

no my mechanic told me not to start it cuz i might do more damage if anything is wrong inside. and the sparkplug looked perfect

So you have a mechanic and he didn't know? I hope that you are not paying him anything.

All seriousnes though, you may have something as simple as a spark plug fouled. Or you may have a bad ring. If the kick is not really producing any feed back as far as compression then it is most likely the latter. Proper break in is key. with only six hours on it, the piston should be good.

First thing you should do is check the plug. If it is black, then it is fouled.

If it is white or really light brown, then you dicked up the piston maybe.

Keep it simple, first check spark, then check fuel, then check air. This all that is needed to run an engine that does not have anything wrong with it. If you have all those things then there is something else more serious wrong.

• Like 1

sounds like kill switch....seen this many of times. people start tearing apart the bike and it was a $10 switch...

The spark plug was fine if u read above pugnasty. the gas was on the fuel was brand new c12 race fuel the airscrew was set right. airfilter was brand new.

well it turns out it was a defunct carberatour got a new one problem solved.