Sign in to follow this  

6 or 8 paddle

My 05 250R works great with a 8 paddle. Plenty of torque to wheelie at will.

I vote for the 8 paddle. Thats All I run on 250fs.. If it hooks up too muchfor you, you can add a little air and it wont grab so much.

We use 8's and they work well. I have never seen anyone using a 6 paddle at the dunes on anything other than 125 or smaller 2 strokes.

Wow, looks like the 6 vs 8 debate :) Probably depends on what your goals are and how you ride. You might be able to choose by how you ride your bike - if you wrap it out, go for the 6. If you use low-end grunt, go for the 8.

If you like to ride open areas and generally haul a%%, then a 6 paddle is probably ok. If you feel like picking the front wheel up a lot and climbing dunes without hitting the rev limiter, or tight twisty sand trails, an 8 paddle is for you.

I've ridden both - anyone else with experience on multiple paddles - i'd like to hear your thoughts too... The 6 isn't bad on a 250F... I just don't like it because I like my bike to hook up like velcro. Same way with my 450 - I run a 10, because an 8 feels like it spins too much. My 125 doesn't have much power, so I run the 6 - in fact, i like a knobby sand (sandcross, etc) tire better than a 6 on the 125 in the dunes - it just feels good. You aren't picking the front wheel up much with a 125.

your mileage will vary. You can't really go wrong with either - they are both more fun than a dirt tire in the dunes!