Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki RV90k - How rare are these?

So I bought this RV90 VanVan a couple of days ago. For those of you not familiar with it:

1973_RV90K_brochure_800.jpg

Anyway, I look closely and there's no carb. The air filter feeds straight into the crank case. No big deal, but this thing is smoking like a pig and won't idle. Obviously very rich. Anyway, I tear off the side cover access plate and lo and behold, there is a nice little carburetor in there. I pulled it out and sure enough, the starter plunger is frozen. In case you don't know, that's like the choke. I try to rip it out by the remaining piece of choke cable and the little end pulls right off the cable. I worked the plunger loose and tied a knot in the cable and squeezed it with a pilers until the knot would fit inside the starter plunger. Put it all back together and have a perfectly running sand bike.

Back to the point, who is familiar with these things? Where can I find parts like a front fender (other than fleabay of course)? The NADA claims $1800 for one in excellent condition. I'd say mine is about a 7. I see there is a couple on ebay right now for around $500, but I'm not selling mine unless I can about double my money. I paid $425.

I just think this is a sweet little street-legal 2-stroke. It goes about 45 and is fun as hell to drive. It has about 2200 miles on it. How many miles is this thing good for?

I just flipped my broken fender around and cut a smooth edge. It's not quite right, but looks OK:

CIMG1327.jpg

I'm drooling over that rear rack. I keep getting outbid at ebay. Only had four pop up there this last year.

I haven't been 'round these parts lately, but I bought an RV125 this summer with a rear rack on it. I'm probably going to part its rack on ebay this spring.

I sold the last one for a hundred bucks, but that was a year ago.

"Looks like the little bike in dumb and dumber haha!"

I can't say I agree on that one

3301_1120363057398_1476702751_27557.jpg

minibike-777978.jpg

I just found one a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'm lucky because it has the front fender intact and the guy found the original owners manual for me! I'm picking it up friday. It has some carb issues but hopefully it won't take long to straighten out. I'm looking forward to finding as much info on the little guy as possible!