Sign in to follow this  

local dealership

so ive been waiting over a week now for my edge tail light kit to arrive. i decide to give them a call today only to find out that the blinkers are in but the tail light has been backordered. if i never called them who knows when they would have gotten around to notify me about this, but what can you expect.

sometime in the next couple weeks i am going to order a yoshi and do the 3x3 mod. i have no idea how to rejet my carb. can any of you san diego guys guys point me in the direction of a trustworthy shop to get this done at?? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Why not order from More Power Racing or Thumpertalk? More Power has the best prices & free shipping, and TT price matches.

Check out

on how to 3x3 and rejet. I didn't have a clue on my carb either until reading threads here and watching the vid. I'm attempting my first rejet tomorrow.

You don't really need to go to all the trouble w/ the hole saw. You can use a utility knife and straight edge, or just use a 3" putty knife heated w/ a propane torch. Push it through 4 times forming a square and you are finished, w/ no plastic shavings. It's not necessary to loosen the subframe for removal of the carb. either. Take the two bolts out of the rectifier bolted to the frame downtube (right above the c/s sprocket), anlay it out of the way a bit, and you'll have room to remove the carburetor from the bike fairly easily. No need to disconnect the rectifier.

Hey there,

What part of SD are you in? I am in Carlsbad. My buddy and I know how to work on bikes rather well. I installed the jet kit on my DRZ, pretty easy. If you need help and don't feel like paying the crazy prices that a shop would charge, let me know. I work for beer :)

Ryan

twin jet, im over here in poway. not too far. beer sounds like an absolute fair trade off. ill pm you and maybe we can figure something out.