Sign in to follow this  

kx100 flywheel weight

hey guys just wanted to ask a few questions regarding FWW and sizes

have a 00 model kx100 . only started riding this year and the big hills and slow tight stuff in which the bike is prone to stalling are killing me. in regards to FWW should i go for 8oz or a 10oz? i dont want the bike to loose too much of its punch but want to gain more bottom end to help with the hillclimbs

comments appreciated

hey guys just wanted to ask a few questions regarding FWW and sizes

have a 00 model kx100 . only started riding this year and the big hills and slow tight stuff in which the bike is prone to stalling are killing me. in regards to FWW should i go for 8oz or a 10oz? i dont want the bike to loose too much of its punch but want to gain more bottom end to help with the hillclimbs

comments appreciated

do they have a 9oz for the kx100? we used a 9ozon the kx85 should work great on a kx100 as well

if not i would go with the 8oz

the fww will also help prevent stalls

How much power does it take away from the bike?

The FFW just makes the "hit" smoother and less violent, and makes it less prone to stalling. A 9oz shouldn't take away much power, just make it smoother :)

Thanks I been looking for a KX100 for my daughter and someone said add a FFW to it for her.

Thanks I been looking for a KX100 for my daughter and someone said add a FFW to it for her.

Yeah if she's not used to the 2t hit the FWW will make it much easier for her

Yeah if she's not used to the 2t hit the FWW will make it much easier for her

She rode a kx100 without the FWW and loved it. The only thing I worry about if on some trail riding. Now much work are they to put on?

Let her try riding it without one; she may not need one. I was going to put one on and everyone said ride it first and then see...I've never put one. I just trail ride with mine, mostly woods riding and it does fine for me. She will need to readjust using the clutch a lot more though, with or without the ffw.

Let her try riding it without one; she may not need one. I was going to put one on and everyone said ride it first and then see...I've never put one. I just trail ride with mine, mostly woods riding and it does fine for me. She will need to readjust using the clutch a lot more though, with or without the ffw.

And that's a good thing. It sure will help her in the long run.