Vibration and Pro Taper Pillow top grips

I thought you guys might be interested in this. I added a set of the pillow top grips last night and started the bike. For sure the vibration is less. They are double layer. The inside layer is stiff and it grips th ebars very well. The outer layer is soft and large diameter. Perfect for large hands.

I hoep they hold up as they are a comfortable grip. The length offers more room than a renthal brand which is also nice.

I love the feel. Obviously there is only so much a grip can do, but thee are not bad at all. The large diameter might be too much for small hands.

I love the renthal Kevlar grip. You get sick of looking at them before they ever wear out. The kevlar grip gets better the more hammered it gets. They are ver tiny in diameter an just dont fit me correctly. They are also short. My hands go numb quickly. hope these will help. Let us know how they work for you.

I love the feel. Obviously there is only so much a grip can do, but thee are not bad at all. The large diameter might be too much for small hands.

I love the renthal Kevlar grip. You get sick of looking at them before they ever wear out. The kevlar grip gets better the more hammered it gets. They are ver tiny in diameter an just dont fit me correctly. They are also short. My hands go numb quickly. hope these will help. Let us know how they work for you.

Good to know as i'm currently running the Renthal Kevlars and do like them but am always up for trying something new especially since i'm still getting numb hands also

I've ran more grips than I care to remember, and prefer larger, softer grips for vibration damping. I hated the Renthal Kevlars because they were so thin and hard (grippy, but no "squish" to them). I have had good luck with Oury, TAG, Sunline, and another off-brand I can't remember right now. But those nice soft compounds wear out FAST.

I tried a set of Pillow Tops. LOVE EM! The compound is a bit harder and longer lasting than the squishies I named above. BUT, because of the raised nub design the grip can flex and deform, giving it a soft feel. I've been very happy with mine, probably have about 20 hours on the with very little wear. With the soft grips I'd have very thin spots and sometimes bar showing after maybe 10 hours.

So after trying at least 10 different grips I'd have to say my next set will be another pair of Pillow Tops. Unless some other hot new thing comes out to try. ?

I have been running pillow tops for a few months and love the grip. It is so easy to hold on to them that you don't have to use very much effort.

The only downside I have seen with these grips is that they are wearing through the palms of my gloves. Anybody else notice this?

I've been wanting to try them but they feel so weird on my hands in the store. For some reason, even though I have large hands, large grips just tire me out. Maybe it was because they were too squishy and I didn't realize I was squeezing tight? I'll try them eventually. Those nubby things just feel weird. I have been using the same brand grips for almost 4 years now. I'm afraid to switch, lol.

I've been wanting to try them but they feel so weird on my hands in the store. For some reason, even though I have large hands, large grips just tire me out. Maybe it was because they were too squishy and I didn't realize I was squeezing tight? I'll try them eventually. Those nubby things just feel weird. I have been using the same brand grips for almost 4 years now. I'm afraid to switch, lol.

What kind of grips have you had for the last 4 years??

How soft are they? I'm not a big fan of soft grips because I like to feel the bars. I've been staying away from the pillowtops because I'm afraid they're too squishy for me.

I like a positive feel of the bars, even if that means a little vibration.

What kind of grips have you had for the last 4 years??

Been using Spider Grips for the last 4 years (not the same pair). They don't like crashes but they are the only ones I have ever used that stopped unnecessary arm pump. The only reason I get arm pump now is because I am out of shape.

How soft are they? I'm not a big fan of soft grips because I like to feel the bars. I've been staying away from the pillowtops because I'm afraid they're too squishy for me.

I like a positive feel of the bars, even if that means a little vibration.

They are really soft, but under the soft stuff is a very hard inner core. That stops them from feeling disconnected like gel grips. Overall, its not a bad feeling.