Sign in to follow this  

My paddle tire?

Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted more than ounce, (I dont think it has knowing that i searched for a while) but I was wondering, after I went through the annoying switching of my dirt tire to paddle tire today, I finally got it al done and threw it on my bike (Im going to ride the dunes for the first time) and discovered the tire hits the mud flap unless I pull the tire all the way back, but if I pull the tire all the way back it isn't making contact with the bolts that prevent it from slipping forward??? I can still bolt it down real good though, do you guys think it will be okay for just one day of riding?? Without making contact with those "slip bolts" (2002 cr250)Ps:One friend said just leave it alone and push it forward and let it hit the swingarm, but something just doeson't feel right doing that... And info greatly appreciated!!

ya personaly i wouldnt let it hit the swingarm, or anything else for that matter, another thing i would be worryed about is if u can push it back far enough that its not sitting on the tension bolts, then how loose is your chain?

Paddles almost always hit or suck the shock cover flap , into them. If you make a habit of riding in the sand. Get a Shockwear ( fabric cover that wraps around the shock to protect it) and pull the flap off.

ya personaly i wouldnt let it hit the swingarm, or anything else for that matter, another thing i would be worryed about is if u can push it back far enough that its not sitting on the tension bolts, then how loose is your chain?

im getting a new bigger chain today

DO NOT GET A O RING CHAIN FOR YOUR BIKE

Get the cheap 25 dollar stocker for the dunes. The sand will ruin your o-rings and x-ring chains. And do not lube the chain either. Lube will make sand stick to everything.

You can also take the flap off. Put the bike on a stand to get the weight of the back end. Now you can duck tape the shock at its fully extended position. Or you can take a piece of cloth and zip ty it to the shock. The flap will most certainly break off if left on there. Remember that the tire will expand slightly once you get to speed and it will rip it off. You should also think about putting a piece of sponge of something in the bottom of the air box. And then tape the seams where the plastics are around the air box.