Sign in to follow this  

Pine Mountain Club area riding

Wife and I are planning on purchasing a cabin in Pine Mountain Club.

Does anyone know how close a staging area is for riding in LPNF without going into Gorman?

WHU??? Nice digs up there to be sure!!!

If you're dual-sported, you can ride from you house on be on the trails in like 10 or 15 minutes. If not, just drive to Lockwood Valley road and either go all the way to the end (towards halfmoon camp) or cut off a few miles down (just past the cement plant) and stage at the bottom of Lockwood Creek OHV (jeep trail).

Can I come over!!!!??? If you guys end up buying up there, I want an HOA pass to ride the private property!!! :)

EDIT: There's also a back door to Ballinger just down the road...

EDIT X2: I just took my wife up there last weekend. I didn't take her all the way out to pine mountain, but really wanted to show her the hood. That's a sweet little spot up there. Generally speaking what are houses going for??

EDIT X3: Can I be your friend?

EDIT X4: No, really??

I believe you can now stage at Chuchapate Ranger station and take the 118 into the trail system(if they have rerouted yet?). If not like neversurfaced said start at Lockwood there are a few ways to go from there. I would say it would take about 20 min. from PMC to Lockwood. And the only thing a HOA is going to get you is a cocktail at the club house,no "private trails" in PMC.

I believe you can now stage at Chuchapate Ranger station and take the 118 into the trail system(if they have rerouted yet?). If not like neversurfaced said start at Lockwood there are a few ways to go from there. I would say it would take about 20 min. from PMC to Lockwood. And the only thing a HOA is going to get you is a cocktail at the club house,no "private trails" in PMC.

They might not be official - but they are there!! Seen 'em with my own peepers I have. Oooh, they look oh so... :)

OK where is this backdoor into Ballinger. I've never found anything but pissed off ranchers when coming from Cerro Noroeste. There is some off roading in Quatal cyn. The toad springs trail has been closed for years due to a landslide. There is a bit of jeep trail south of the paved road in a few different chunks bothe east and west of Pine Mtn club.

As far as Chuchupate goes you have to stage at the the end of the paved road unless you are plated.

I'll run down Lockwood Valley Rd next time we are out looking at cabins!

Thanks

WHU??? Nice digs up there to be sure!!!

If you're dual-sported, you can ride from you house on be on the trails in like 10 or 15 minutes. If not, just drive to Lockwood Valley road and either go all the way to the end (towards halfmoon camp) or cut off a few miles down (just past the cement plant) and stage at the bottom of Lockwood Creek OHV (jeep trail).

Can I come over!!!!??? If you guys end up buying up there, I want an HOA pass to ride the private property!!! :)

EDIT: There's also a back door to Ballinger just down the road...

EDIT X2: I just took my wife up there last weekend. I didn't take her all the way out to pine mountain, but really wanted to show her the hood. That's a sweet little spot up there. Generally speaking what are houses going for??

EDIT X3: Can I be your friend?

EDIT X4: No, really??

Chad, I'm jealous. I thought you were MY FRIEND for LPNF. :ride::D

No more Patron for you.:worthy:

And how does one know about these things? Inquiring minds want to know.

OK where is this backdoor into Ballinger. I've never found anything but pissed off ranchers when coming from Cerro Noroeste. There is some off roading in Quatal cyn. The toad springs trail has been closed for years due to a landslide. There is a bit of jeep trail south of the paved road in a few different chunks bothe east and west of Pine Mtn club.

As far as Chuchupate goes you have to stage at the the end of the paved road unless you are plated.

The only "backdoor" would be down Quatal to the 33. Not much of a back door especially by auto.

Come on Bruce, don't be like that :D

There IS a back door, and I ain't talkin' your old cellmates either.

Besides you live in FP - I need to get in good with teh PMC country club set. I've got my eye on their golf course!!! :)

Check ur PMs

And how does one know about these things? Inquiring minds want to know.

The last I spoke with the Ranger guy he told me that they were in the process of rerouting the 118 to 8N04 just to the other side of the gate at Chuchupate. He said this was being done to prevent people from crossing private property. That was told to me about 2 years ago and I haven't been down that road for a long time so I personally do not know if it is done or not. If it is done you could park right there and connect 118 to 119 to 8N42 and so on....

Neversurfaced, As far as PMC private trails are concerned the only thing that comes to mind are the horse trails up by the campground (dead end to white rock and the meadows) or the old creek trail on the east end that has been closed for about 25 years. If you know of something else shoot me a PM and maybe we can hit it in a few months along with a round of golf:thumbsup: . As for Ballinger out of Quatal the trail from the rock plant takes you right into closed area,but then again it's been awhile.

The last I spoke with the Ranger guy he told me that they were in the process of rerouting the 118 to 8N04 just to the other side of the gate at Chuchupate. He said this was being done to prevent people from crossing private property. That was told to me about 2 years ago and I haven't been down that road for a long time so I personally do not know if it is done or not. If it is done you could park right there and connect 118 to 119 to 8N42 and so on....

Neversurfaced, As far as PMC private trails are concerned the only thing that comes to mind are the horse trails up by the campground (dead end to white rock and the meadows) or the old creek trail on the east end that has been closed for about 25 years. If you know of something else shoot me a PM and maybe we can hit it in a few months along with a round of golf:thumbsup: . As for Ballinger out of Quatal the trail from the rock plant takes you right into closed area,but then again it's been awhile.

Stormy, how'd I know you would be here:p :):D

Hey guys, did they ever open up Tecuya ridge all the way across from Cherry creek to Scott Russell Rd. this summer? Carl? Chad?

Hey guys, did they ever open up Tecuya ridge all the way across from Cherry creek to Scott Russell Rd. this summer? Carl? Chad?

I thought everything was open on that side, but I have no first hand knowledge. Besides your the local up there, you are supposed to be telling us aren't you. :)

Being gone on vacation off and on for a month and a half, have not ridden or checked, but guilty as charged. Will find out tomorrow.

I thought everything was open on that side, but I have no first hand knowledge. Besides your the local up there, you are supposed to be telling us aren't you. :D

And the answer is...... It is still closed and will be for a while.:busted::blah: I talked directly to Tom Kuekes, nice guy by the way, and he says the only reason is state funding. We all know shat is going on with that these days.:worthy: It is closed not because of the Scott fire as I thought, but there is severe damage to the trail to the poing they are going to reroute it. 👍