Sign in to follow this  

Guts seat foam

http://www.gutsracing.com/pages/catalogpages/crfbuyfoam.html

Has anyone tried one of these. I typically ride hard for 3 days in a row and 6-9 hours per day so my arse is sore by day 2 and day 3 is not pretty.

My thoughts:

Guts foam - decent reviews, reasonable price...$55

Durell - $130 for seat foam with a gel insert is pretty high

Corbin - $350 for the entire seat, my arse will feel better but my wallet will be killing me for weeks.

I also wanted to be a tad lower to the ground.

Any experience with GUTS?

Also, anyone have a Durell pad or ??? they want to sell?

Thanks!

I have a guts soft seat on my KTM and on my CRF250X with the step. I love it! I have tried the lowered seats but find it shifts you back on the bike and can actually make the bike feel taller in certain situations. I'm short so I had the bike lowered which was awesome in the tight rocky singletrack I like to ride. The step help keep me up on the bike in corners but more so on technical hillclimbs where you are having to dab a lot.

• Like 1

I have the Durelle with gel. I like it but after 6 hours anything is going to hurt. It is thinner so you don't get the padding. I had a guts soft foam on another bike and it was really comfortable if you sit a lot.

• Like 1

I purchased a guts medium standard size for my WR 250f. When I say medium I mean softness and the height is the same as stock. Geesh, if you think the 250x has a hard seat you should see the 250f!

Anyway the guts medium softness seat for my F is pretty much like your stock x as I own the x also. Being 5"11 and 185 I could not imagin having a guts softer seat on the X or F. I had the softer one from guts and I sent it back it was just to soft and felt stange. So since a medium thickness guts will do you no good and the soft is just crazy soft you will need to get the taller versions, or some of the other brands you mentioned.

Good Luck!

• Like 1