Sign in to follow this  

45HP DRZ400s Possible w/Stk Exhaust & $1200 bucks

Anybody have a idea what it would take to get a 07 DRZ 400s to around 45HP

with the stock Exhaust??? Reason being I am 50/50 dirt-Street, have some hearing issues over the years and live where a loud exhaust will not work so I am trying to find the least expensive way to get to 45HP or close to it. Why 45HP?? Seems like a good place to be with the WRs , EXCs and such .......not to much Pwr for dirt and plenty for me on the street. I know adding the FCR without the pipe brings you to 40HP right? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and the preferably without having to do a major overhaul.

Thanks in advance : )

You could get a better headpipe and keep the stock can for another small incremental gain. Still with FCR and headpipe, you're gonna fall short of 45HP.

Hot Cams ($350?), TT FCR kit ($550.), Yosh Ti (~$725.00) will get you there. However, you really ought tio include having the valves replaced with RHC's (not sure of the cost for them ($500.00 installed?).

The Yosh and FCR is in your budget and will get you a little above 40hp.

fcr and 94mm big bore kit.

That sounds like a Great Option & fits in the price range....... So I would need to pull my cylinder off and send it in to Millinium correct??? Then they include the Piston, gasket and such for $450 ??? I should notice I nice increase in power all over the powerband and much better than just doing the FCR39 to make it worth while is that correct? Thanks again

That sounds like a Great Option & fits in the price range....... So I would need to pull my cylinder off and send it in to Millinium correct??? Then they include the Piston, gasket and such for $450 ??? I should notice I nice increase in power all over the powerband and much better than just doing the FCR39 to make it worth while is that correct? Thanks again

lukesracing sells a complete 435 kit, without having to send your old cylinder over for $450, is this the MT kit that we are talking about?

http://lukesracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LR&Product_Code=BB435drz&Category_Code=BBKITSS

lukesracing sells a complete 435 kit, without having to send your old cylinder over for $450, is this the MT kit that we are talking about?

http://lukesracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LR&Product_Code=BB435drz&Category_Code=BBKITSS

Yes the Millennium Technologies Big Bore Kit...............Not framilier with Lukes Racing........ Have you used them before for this??? A complete kit does sound easier if were compairing Apples to Apples on these. Let me know what you think.

Thanks