Sign in to follow this  

cr250 trouble

I recently acquired a 2005 cr250r. I seem to be having some jetting issues and would like to get them resolved. I am willing to just go out and buy the JD kit, but I would prefer to save some money and just buy single OEM jets and parts.

Current Jetting all standard

Air Screw: 2 turns out

Slow Jet: #40

Jet Needle: 6DGY26-65

Needle Clip: 3rd groove

Main Jet: #420

Float Level: .030 (7.5mm)

Carb ID Number: TMX11A

The bike is a 2005 Honda CR250R

Using 32:1 Pro Honda HP2

FMF SST

FMF Turbine Core 2

Twin Air Filter

My location

Elevation: 5000-7000 ft

Humidity: About 25%

Type of Riding: Moto tracks + desert

The bike is very hard to start and fouls plugs. Cold starting is somewhat easier than hot. When starting, gas pours out of the drain tubes even before applying any throttle. Will not idle.

I appreciate any help I can get:worthy:

I will probably end up buying the kit in the future. Can anyone help me out with some other suggestions?

The stock 05 CR250 jetting was rich for 70 degrees and sea level let alone a 6000’ average elevation. What are your current temperatures like?

I’m not sure what temperature you are trying to target? So I made a chart that should be of help. I used a 410 main, stock 6DGY26-65 needle with the clip in the 2nd clip position from the top, and a 37.5 pilot for 70 degrees and 0’ elevation. Start with you airscrew at 1-1/2 out from fully seated and you will be within 3/8 of a turn + or – from the ideal setting. All you need to do is find the temp and elevation combo for your current riding conditions and adjust your main, clip position, and pilot jet accordingly. As far as gas pouring out of the tubes, when you open up the carb to re-jet, try cleaning the needle/seat assembly. It may need to be replaced. I hope this helps you out.

2005CR250Jetting.jpg

Thank you very much for the charts! I am going to jet for about 5000 feet with an average temperature of 70 F.

Looks like a 390 main, 35 pilot, and the clip in the #1 (Top) position would be a good place to start. :)

• Like 1

I went to all of the local shops today and got ahold of the 390 main jet, but couldn't find a 35 slow. I want to ride tomorrow and won't be able to get a 35 until next week. What settings should I run for tomorrow using a 390 main, but not the 35 slow?

If your pouring fuel out the drain tubes you need to replace the float needle valve. You will never get your jetting right otherwise as the float valve is not sealing properly which causes an over rich condition at every throttle setting. Many people will suggest removing the float valve and cleaning the rubber tip but I always just replace it as the rubber tip hardens with age.

I’m not sure what temperature you are trying to target? So I made a chart that should be of help. I used a 410 main, stock 6DGY26-65 needle with the clip in the 2nd clip position from the top, and a 37.5 pilot for 70 degrees and 0’ elevation. Start with you airscrew at 1-1/2 out from fully seated and you will be within 3/8 of a turn + or – from the ideal setting. All you need to do is find the temp and elevation combo for your current riding conditions and adjust your main, clip position, and pilot jet accordingly. As far as gas pouring out of the tubes, when you open up the carb to re-jet, try cleaning the needle/seat assembly. It may need to be replaced. I hope this helps you out.

2005CR250Jetting.jpg

Vetmxrider...

Do you have this graph to Cr250 03???

thks!!

where can i buy jets at?...how much are they?I am gonna shoot for 1000 ft above and an average temp of 75?...so where should i put everything?...i also have some spooge